Nissan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have an oil leak and cant figure out where it is coming from. are there any common places that anybody has messed with. coming from the middle of engine bay right below engine. thats all the info i got. all responses appreciated.

·
3 bar MAP
1,381 Posts
a few easy places to check are the oil pressure sender, oil filter, and drain plug(washer usually needs to be replaced), oil pan, and valve cover. the other seals are a little harder to diagnose. try pressure washing the engine or cleaning it with brake cleaner....then looking.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have had problems on MY N15 Almera (With a GA16DE) where by the Left hand (if you are sitting in the car and bear in mind my car is right hand drive) drive shaft leaks slight amounts of oil almost from the center of my car...

Not too much but enough to wind me up by leaving oil on my driveway!! DOH!!

Might be worth getting that checked??

G

·
P.O.S. Truckdriver
2,070 Posts
the most common place on our engines would probably be the crank seal (front main seal). mine did it too. wasn't leaking alot..but just enough to annoy me. it's not that expensive to replace if it's the outer seal.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Katana200sx said:
the most common place on our engines would probably be the crank seal (front main seal). mine did it too. wasn't leaking alot..but just enough to annoy me. it's not that expensive to replace if it's the outer seal.
katana, could u give me some more info on this. it seems to be my problem. well atleast i think it is. i have oil getting on my pullies and they are slinging it everywhere. how much am i looking at spending? and could u give me some directions on how to do this fix? thanks

also javier i think u were right too... it seems to be coming out of the oil pressure sender. is that the thing sort of above the filter?

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah thats where its coming out of (oil pressure sender). thanks for the pics. yer motor looks real clean on the top pic. thanks for the rear main seal pic. you have any pics or tips on the front main seal cause that is actually where it is leaking

·
Nissan Fetish
150 Posts
My rear main seal has been leaking for a while now,but its not to bad. I still need to get it replaced. I now know what it exactly is. I asked my auto tech teacher if i could do it in the garage and use either a lift or a cherry picker, but he said he has never pulled an engine out of a front wheel drive car before (go figure) and when my dad owned the car before I bought it from him he said that when he had it looked at the shop said they wanted a fortune to have it done. It really annoys me though cause I have to put oil in it more then usual.

·
Nissan Fetish
150 Posts
Oh

Oh , well I guess I will have to look into changing that soon. Thanx javierb14. My auto tech instructor rarily works on FWD cars so I guess he just thought it might be to much trouble for him to help me.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts