Nissan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 98 200sx ga16de and I can not get oil to quit squirting oil out of the spark plug wires and the reason that this is happening is that the gaskets that go around the "spark plug cylinder" keep breaking and if any of yall have ever looked at the gaskets they are made in the valve cover. Even though you can go to autozone and buy them there is no way to change these. I am on my 2nd valve cover becouse the only place that I could find one was off of a blew engine sitting in a shop around here. So can I plz get some advise or info on where to buy a new valve cover, I have tried Nissan and just about any autoparts website that Google could tell me about.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I though about trying that today but when I got the valve cover off there was alot of oil standing on the top of the head. Is it normal for alot of oil to be standing on the head? Cuz what I figure might be the root cause is that I might have a stuck valve, would that cause alot of oil standing on the head.

And before anybody says anything no there is not too much oil in the engine.

·
Registered
20 Posts
its a possibility but i would still get the silicone sealer and try that. Before you do that i would see if you do have a valve stuck open and if not try my idea out. I have oil in the same spot and i have another gasket and the ones for the spark plugs should just come right out with a blade screw driver. Put some pics on here so i can see or send me an email and i will let you know what i think. [email protected] or [email protected]

·
Registered
11 Posts
there should not be a lot of oil standing in the head, the only thing that can cause that besides a very very overfull motor is blocked oil return pathways in the head caused by sludge, but the 1.6 is not known for this. check you crankcase vent valve for blockage while your at it, but get a new VC gasket set.

Another possibility is that the plastic valve cover has warped.

·
Registered
20 Posts
So i did my valve cover gasket this morning at like 1:30 and you problem and my problem were the same. its the spark plug gasket that fits on the valve cover. Change that and the gasket itself and let me know. Just and fyi, remember to use rtv in the areas you need for the gasket and let it sit for about 24 hours. you can run it just dont drive it that far until then.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts