Nissan Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys... i seem to have a leak coming from the top of my valve cover. Covers the top of the valve cover in oil. It seem to be coming from one of the a-corn looking nuts on the valve cover. what are these for and is there any way to prevent them from leaking oil? Pic below

·
Banned
3,785 Posts
A better pic would be nice, but I'm willing to bet the seal under that nut is cracked. It's just blowing oil out that way because it can. Path of least resistance.

·
B12 Enthusiast
844 Posts
Those Acorn nuts are what hold your valve cover on. There is a rubber seal under the washer underneath each of them. If you buy a new valve cover gasket, it should come with those seals. You might also want to check your PCV valve on the back of your intake to make sure it is not plugged. If you've never changed it, now might be a good time. :)

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
astreamk1 said:
Those Acorn nuts are what hold your valve cover on. There is a rubber seal under the washer underneath each of them. If you buy a new valve cover gasket, it should come with those seals. You might also want to check your PCV valve on the back of your intake to make sure it is not plugged. If you've never changed it, now might be a good time. :)

pcv valve is good.. replaced it in summer time... i might just end up taking out that one nut and trying to make a gasket for it underneath

·
Nissan Junkie
917 Posts
Why the gasket kit can't be more than 20 bucks just get it and replace the gasket and the seals I would at least unless you are on a real low budget that is then try your way.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts