Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok... I put a FMIC on my s14. I connected all the hoses. I connected the turbo actuator to the wrong small pipe. I drove it for 10 minutes not knowing that i was overboosting. I finally realized that that was my problem. I rearranged my hoses the right way. I took a vaccum cap of the hot pipe and found lots of oil in my pipes. After fixing my lines i drove the car for an hour. The car is running a lot better. No smoke from the engine or from my exhaust. Do i have anything to be concerned about? I have not cleaned the rest of the piping. Is this a major problem i am dealing with? The car is back to normal. Please let me know what you guys think.

·
Pivot 180
2,258 Posts
It depends how much. There is always some oil in the intercooler pipes due to blow-by. A catch can will help reduce this. If there is heaps in there you might have blown a turbo seal but since you say there isnt any smoke (light blue for oil) it sounds ok.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Like Joel said, its normal.. All turbo cars have blow by and in stock form it is cirulating back into the intake tract after the maf which tend to be sucked in by the turbo and sprayed into the intercooler. If you need something to do then get a catchcan and take off the intercooler and wash it with gasoline.

If there is *Blue smoke, then it can be the turbo, which may still have nothing to do with any oil in the intercooler from blowby, or valve seals.. piston rings.. or other things that can cause more than normal blowby which you can find out from leakdown/compression test and/or lookin at sparkplugs.:)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is it possible that i had too much oil in my car when it overboosted? Then the oil came out of the PCV from the VALVE COVER and was sucked into my TURBO which shot it into my HOTPIPE then into my INTERCOOLER into my COLDPIPE then into the INTAKE MANIFOLD causing my car to smoke a bit because it sucked up some oil? I think i solved my problem. So i should take oil out of my engine because it was a lot? What do you think?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts