Nissan Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
92 Posts
Did you overfill your oil ? cause i know the line from the valve cover goes to your intake... and ive had this problem before...

· Registered
26 Posts
No problem doesn't mean you are supposed to.Why don't just follow what the owner's manual says?Save you oil,money and possible future engine problem.
ive done this for 3 years now and i havent had a problem, i honestly dont think that the extra 3/8 of a quart is going to cause damage.

· Registered
26 Posts
What is the reason to put 4 quarts in?Except lazy to check the dipstick I can't find any reason.Usually I would put 3 1/2 so I won't overfill.
well its so i dont have an extra half a quart sitting around that illend up forgeting about and just end up buying new oil anyways. it never over fills on mine, besides i done drive like people should i do alot of city driving and i drive it hard most of the time

· Registered
1 Posts
Nissan Sentra 2000 1.8
I just notices and oil leak and my I think tha my seals are damage. Last time that I went for an oil change the put 4 qt. and previous times never was more than 3 qt. The dipstick shows more than high level. could be the extra quater have damage my motor seals? The people who change my oil said that the extra quarter is not a problem.
Thank you.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.