Nissan Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Oil Filter Removal Tool

Hi
I am about to do a oil and oil filter change on a N14 1992 Nissan Pulsar Ti 2.0 litre engine and I was just brushing up on the procedure in Hanyes car manual and it says for the 2 litre engine there is a special oil filter removal tool, I thought Ok had a look for the oil filter and I'm not surprised that I need a special tool, because of its very tight location!!!!!!
Has any one done an oil filter change on a N14 1992 Nissan Pulsar Ti 2.0 litre engine and if so what tool did you use (pics would be greatly appreicated)

Cheers

Peter

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
♣AsleepZ♣ said:
you can pick those tools up at any autoparts store.. Should be under 10 bucks. But I would try and see if you can get your hand up in there first.
All ready had one(but to big for oil filter used for my Ford Falcon), bought another two oil removal tool, both good quality tools, just the wrong tool for the job. The problem is there is not enough room to move, even just getting my hand in there is a problem. There is just too many other pipes and brake fuild canister is just in the way

wildmane said:
Screwdriver anyone? That's what's been recommended to me. I've tried those oil filter wrenches and they just suck... well at least mine does. Get down and dirty and use a screwdriver!
Yeah had alook at that option and even then there is not enough room to move the screwdriver. just didn't want to risk it.

In the end I did't remove the oil filter, just replaced the oil. I sent nissan an email enquiring about this special removal tool, I'll keep u post when I find out more

Cheers

Peter

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
ReVerm said:
That's really weird. You can't even get to it from underneath the car?
Nah the only access is from the top, which I though was really weird, all the other cars that I've seen are located near the bottom, It's located on the top rear right hand side(drivers side) of the engine

Thanks for the links they were very helpful

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Got an email back from Nissan Parts today about the oil removal tool, I hope you guy are sitting down for this. They want

$Au140.00 :wtf:

I'm not surprised it cost that much, since the engine bay was design by a bunch monkeys, they had to bring in the experts to design an elobrate tool to get the oil filter off!!!!!!!!!
The screwdriver method is looking more appealing even if I can't get my hand in there

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.