Nissan Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Banned
5,533 Posts
you can pick those tools up at any autoparts store.. Should be under 10 bucks. But I would try and see if you can get your hand up in there first.

· Banned
5,533 Posts
ReVerm said:
Are you one of those people who use a filter wrench to put new oil filters on?

A screwdriver? How do you get an oil filter off with that?
If you would've thought about what I said. Maybe you wouldn't have made yourself look like an ass by saying some smart comment.

If the only way you can get to the filter is with a screwdriver, is that how you expect to get the new one on?

How about you wait a second and think before you post. It doesn't take that long.

And no I use my hand taking off and on, it's quite easy:rolleyes:

EDIT : And by the way the screwdriver technique is for when the filter is "stuck" you push the tip through the filter and use it as a lever.

· Banned
5,533 Posts
Yes as in refering to me as "One of those people who use filter wrenches to put the new one back on". I'm sure you were begin serious.... pft

The easy way to say it would be "Don't use the wrench to put the new one back on" and direct it to the original poster.

· Banned
5,533 Posts
ReVerm said:
The thing about that is, you could have just as easily said "Absolutely not. Forcing the oil filter back on with the wrench is just asking for trouble."

You're a little too quick to jump to the defensive. Relax. I just word things in a way so that it gets other people into these kinds of threads.

(Besides, I don't randomly jump down people's throats unless I really dislike them. :p )

Sorry, rough defensive day yesturday.. It's all good...

But yeah the screwdriver is not a good idea if you can't get your hand in there in the first place. Call nissan.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.