Nissan Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I just got my oil changed. As the mechanic was trying to show me the oil level with the dipstick, the whole housing popped off, meaning the dipstick and the cylinder where the dipstick goes into. He said it wouldn't be a major problem, but to have it fixed soon. I said cool, and left. Well, after about 5 minutes of hard driving and waiting at a stop light, my hood started smoking up and I could smeel oil was burning. Sure enough, bits of squirted out of the area where the dipstick housing is supposed to be. After letting my car cool for 10 minutes, I continued my journey home carefully and didn't have a problem till I pulled into my dorm. Except that my breaks didn't work at a high speed turn, but that's another story. I was thinking of taking it to a Nissan dealership, but then, I thought I'd just get some JB weld and "glue" it back on. So, the problem is, where is this hole? I can't see a thing, and I'm not quite sure how deep, or behind where it's supposed to be. I don't have a garage to work in, so I don't have a lot of light to work with, except a flashlight.
Has anyone else had this problem? This is quite a first for me. Never heard anything like this. Cool guys, hope y'all can help.

Ppeace
CMo

· Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks guys... it's soo black, though... i got no garage. it's snowing now, and always gloomy... but i'll jack it up and look. seems simple enough, just can't see anything. aite, thanks.

Ppeace
CMo

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.