Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is a little spring and ball just above the oil filter thread. My ball just fell out? the seal is jagged and I can't seem to get it out to replace. Is their a special tool or what?.Or could I just forget about it because its there to bypass the filter if the filter becomes cloged right?...I just discoverd this over the weekend. I found the half page in the fsm (not even that). The fsm says sutiable tool. What is that. I tried a small flat screw driver and a screw extractor with no luck. I'd rather replace it. Any help would be great. Thanks.

·
wont go any faster?
475 Posts
SXSENIS said:
There is a little spring and ball just above the oil filter thread. My ball just fell out? the seal is jagged and I can't seem to get it out to replace. Is their a special tool or what?.Or could I just forget about it because its there to bypass the filter if the filter becomes cloged right?...I just discoverd this over the weekend. I found the half page in the fsm (not even that). The fsm says sutiable tool. What is that. I tried a small flat screw driver and a screw extractor with no luck. I'd rather replace it. Any help would be great. Thanks.
mine messed up like yours did. when i had my block at the shop getting honed they took it out for me with a tap and that slider hammer deal that they use for pulling dents it looks like. it shouldnt be a big deal if you dont have it but its like like 3 bucks so id go ahead and order it.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A tap and slide hammer huh. That crazy. But 3 bucks ain't bad. I thought it would be like thoughs formed heater hoses(totaled over 120 bucks for all that I replaced). I've tried prying and hammering and was just going to give up. I got a tap large enough but no slide hammer. But If I can get a good bit I'll beat it out. I stoped cause I didn't want to scare the block there. But I guess it shouldn't matter being its coverd by the oil filter anyway. Thanks for the Idea.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the tap worked but what a pita. I hit it from top then bottom until it walked out. My old tap T handle is gone now but I got a better one anyway. Thanks for the idea.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts