Nissan Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I just bought a 1996 200SX SER with 155 K miles, it does not come with manual or any document at all. I plan to do an oil change this week, and a tune-up soon.

I have 2 quick questions
1, what grade of oil should I use, (10W30, or 5W30, etc...)?
2, Is there any good online store that sell genuine Nissan parts and accessories?

Thanks

·
absolutely classic
455 Posts
FmrLCpl said:
Hi,

I just bought a 1996 200SX SER with 155 K miles, it does not come with manual or any document at all. I plan to do an oil change this week, and a tune-up soon.

I have 2 quick questions
1, what grade of oil should I use, (10W30, or 5W30, etc...)?
2, Is there any good online store that sell genuine Nissan parts and accessories?

Thanks
Welcome to the forum. Download the FSM at the head of this forum, it will give you all the information you need. It's the manual I've heard that nissan techs use when working on our cars. Now for the questions you asked.

1. 5w30 is the weight recommended by Nissan
2. I've tried a few online sources, although I can't remember what they were. Google auto parts and see what you come up with. I haven't had a problem with any of the websites, the parts have always looked stock and the prices better than you would find at a dealership.

Hope you like that SR20! Wish I had one

·
Spidey One
164 Posts
I got my spidey one (96 200sx) with 150k miles on it and did a complete tune up (gas filter, oil change [5w30], took out the box air filter and installed a K&N Air Filter, spark plugs, cruise control and ignition wires, etc.) and now the baby purrs as if it's been driven off the lot 150k miles ago. But all the websites that have been mentioned are great and very useful. Enjoy and welcome to NF...

·
Registered
19 Posts
If you live where I do.........in the West Indies..........you can use 20W50 motor oil..........

I used Mobil15w50 ..but got some engine noise....I switched to Castrol GTX

1 - 6 of 6 Posts