Nissan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, is there someone using any oil additives in here or just plain oil? i would like to hear experiences and improvements using these "miracle additives" a friend un mine uses PTFE every 10000 miles or something.... i'm using X-1R in mine... what i do noticed is that the engine sounds quiet when using it.

www.x1r.com

·
Registered
346 Posts
yo

Yo I use a product called Restore......every single time that I change my oil and oil filter. It comes in a silver can and costs about $5.00 per can. Ive been using it for about 2 years now and the differences are noticable. It contains CSL and is supposed to fill in scratches and tiny microscopic cuts in cylinder walls creating a seal and bringing compression levels back to normal levels across all cylinders. My car runs smoother, quieter and the oil stays cleaner soooo much longer. When you pour it in it is a thick blue liquid. I know that everyone says that all those miracles oil additives are [email protected], but trust me Ive stuck to one additive religiously which is this one and have had a smooth running motor. Of course Im also a religious oil changer......I change my oil about every 1,000 miles or less so anything that helps is only better for your car. So peeps the lesson of the day just because your putting an additive in your engine does not mean you shouldnt change your oil on normal intervels, change that oil regularly because thats when the additives work there best. And forget all the blah blah blah blah......it doest work it dosent work out there.....cause you know what? Restore even has a customer service line on the can ready to explain everything.......hell theyll even fax you PROOF with detailed graphs showing restored compression throughout all cylinders. Hows that for all the non believers? Peace!

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Restore

Yep, i'be heard of it... actually it costs here about $24... have not tried it yet.... i change my oil every 2500 miles with x-1r on it... what i like about x1r is the Nasa logo on it... kindda gives me security about it... it looks "oil-brown"... i'll give a try to that Restorer one of these days and see what happens...

·
No Nissan Yet
139 Posts
remember, their is no such thing as a mechanic in a can. if you want the best for your vehicle, a high quality synthetic motor oil is better than any "oil additives" out there. basically Mobil 1 or Amsoil. Other than that, change your oil regularly, keep it tuned up, maintain all filters, change fliuds, and your car should last at least 150k or more.

you got to be careful of oil additves. some will cause gaskets and seals to swell and eventually leak. if you believe that some advertisements can run a car around a track with no oil except their additive(Prolong), then maybe we done need Mobil or Kendall or whatever oil you use.

As for Restore, i have used it. I havent seen any differences before and after. i rather invest into a high quality oil than an additive.

just my opinion i guess.:)

·
Nissan Guru
152 Posts
i have used the Engine Restore with CSL for a long time and it dose work and it should be noticable. it was for me everytime i use it , and also the HP Plus that sits next to it at Auto Zone is good stuff too, same can but i think the Restore is better, and im switching to moble 1 this week when i change my oil, i been using the Max Life for over 75k miles and its good but if this fully synthetic oil is what everyone says it is im on it like a fly on ......
well you get the picture , oh and the K&N oil filter is tight but can i leave it on when i change my oil?

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
SRV1 said:
remember, their is no such thing as a mechanic in a can. if you want the best for your vehicle, a high quality synthetic motor oil is better than any "oil additives" out there. basically Mobil 1 or Amsoil. Other than that, change your oil regularly, keep it tuned up, maintain all filters, change fliuds, and your car should last at least 150k or more.
Yep.... a good oil its always a good investment... i'm using Mobil1 15w50 full syntec. It's a great oil... but no matter what oil you use it always better to change it often istead of waiting the 15000 miles like Amsoil claims i guess...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts