Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought you guys would be interested in what our big brother has been up to...

Muscular Performance and the Looks to Match. The all-new 2004 Nissan Maxima offers the soul of the Z®, wrapped in a muscular, premium sports sedan design. Set to debut on January 5, 2003 at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit, Maxima combines aggressive performance, agile and responsive handling and an innovative interior. The new Maxima goes on sale next spring as a 2004 model.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
To me it looks like an Altima with a 350Z rear end. Don't really like it, but since when have Maximas been known for beautiful styling? :D

·
Registered
24 Posts
Geez you if you hadn't told us its a Maxima i would say it was the new styling for the 04 Altima. i wonder if the maxima.org guys are gonna flip out since the new Maxima looks like the Altima.

·
Registered
539 Posts
It's alright until you get to the rear.....same with the 350z ick! I like the styling of the earlies 90 maximas and the current ones, they look nice.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Who cares what it looks like. I have heard rumors of a V8 and RWD. If that was true I would still want one.

C

·
0 Posts
I think it looks nice. Hey afterall they are going more agressive and it could have been worse. But I think it is a big improvement over the 5 gen maxima. I liked them too but they took time to win me over. It looks more like the Z and I love the Z!! Hey maybe since they are almost the same the parts from the track model might actually be interchangeable with the new max!!

·
Registered
641 Posts
maxedout97maxima said:
I heard it will use the 3.5 V6 w/more power
Well there you go. I heard that the Q45 platform was going to be used for the GLE with a V8 rear wheel drive. Nobody seems to know for sure.

There seems to be no limit for the VQ35 engine, it could probably produce 350hp with out modding. However with front wheel drive it is limited.

J

·
0 Posts
Wow, that is a good looking car, are they thinking about using the same V8 that the Infinity M45 (340hp, 333torque)?? Because that would be quite nice LoL

J

·
0 Posts
Also wondering if you think 20"x9" wheels (35mm low pro tires)would fit on a 3rd generation maxima without rubbing???

1 - 20 of 30 Posts