Nissan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK so i am looking into replacing the suspension (both front and rear) on my '99 maxima, and cant decide between Tokico and KYB. A little background on my car, it's completely stock and i am not looking to make any sort of upgrades other than possibly added quality when replacing the OEM part, assuming it does not come at a huge cost. i have found both sets (2 front and 2 rear) for very reasonable prices KYB (~$250) and Tokico (~$290). The question i have is does anyone know of cheeper price and if not is the additional $40 for the tokico HPs worth it? Also what are your thoughs on mount and bushing replacement? Figured i would go ahead and replace all the bushings since its all out anyway and i think they are relatively in expensive at the dealer. I didnt see many online sellers, do i have to get these from the dealer?

Thanks.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Grab the KYB's, for a stock vehicle the Tokico HP's won't be much different for the extra money. I would consider replacing the top strut mounts but that's not 100% necessary (although it is a good idea if you have quite a few mile son the car).

Which bushings are you talking about? Dust boots (do these) and what else? You don't detach anything involving bushings when replacing the struts, and it's a PITA to do control arm bushings by yourself (not complex, just a pain)... although with the Energy Suspension bushings it's not horrid.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts