Nissan Forum banner

oem brake pad material + replacement recommendations?

942 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  CADMAN 
#1 ·
I have a 92 SE-R and a couple of years back I had Midas put on some cheapy organics (big mistake) and now that I am driving the car again the stopping power or lack there of is driving me nuts so am looking to replace them.

I've tried searching various sources and also sent an e-mail to courtesyparts.com to see if they knew, but was wondering if anyone knew what the OEM brake pad material consisted of?

I wanted to use the OEM material as a starting point to finding some new pads.

I have already been suggested Hawk HPS pads but cannot seem to find someone who sells them yet. Any other suggestions would be appreciated, right now I'm considering the delux Raybestos semi-metallics.

#2 ·
Upgrade to EBC greenstuff pads and buy OEM Brembo rotors for quality or Brembo slotted rotors. powerstop are Brembo rotors with silver cad plating. go figure! these combos are good. I use them on the 03 SE-R.

I would upgrade the calipers to the AD22Vf's from the NX2000 and rotors. use the same combo pads/rotors.

Bleed the entire brake system. flush all the fluid out and a good replacement to use is Motul, but I use Valvoline synthetic fluid with a 560 boiling point. prestone also has a high 575 wet boiling point.

Brake lines are good to replace, goodridge stainless steel braided lines are good to use.

Chris 92 classic

#3 ·
Upgrade to EBC greenstuff pads ...

Brake lines are good to replace, goodridge stainless steel braided lines are good to use.
I am considering pad/rotor upgrade on 93 XE with EBC greenstuff and EBC drilled/slotted rotors from Summit. Do you have a supplier and part number for the Goodridge lines?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.