Nissan Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

· Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
So I installed a new battery yesterday and it's still doing the same thing. I checked the timing and it's right. The only other thing I can think of is the valves are too tight. I have had one person on here say that their adjustable and someone else said their not. Anyone know for sure?

Remember I have replaced the starter, battery, cleaned all grounds, checked timing.

· Registered
156 Posts
I've had the exact same problem on my chevy a couple years ago and my hb a month ago. Its the starter. Have you had it checked? As the starter wheres out it needs more power to work. When they are warm there is even more resistance and they need more power. Get a new battery and new starter and it'll be a world of difference and you'll see that the starter has probably be been getting slower for a long time without you noticing. A bad battery usually makes the problem apparent.
With the valves, they're hydraulic. The only thing that can be done is make sure there is plenty of oil.

· Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I've had the exact same problem on my chevy a couple years ago and my hb a month ago. Its the starter. Have you had it checked? As the starter wheres out it needs more power to work. When they are warm there is even more resistance and they need more power. Get a new battery and new starter and it'll be a world of difference and you'll see that the starter has probably be been getting slower for a long time without you noticing. A bad battery usually makes the problem apparent.
With the valves, they're hydraulic. The only thing that can be done is make sure there is plenty of oil.
As I have previously stated, the battery and starter are brand new. Those were not the problem. However, the battery cables were the problem. I replaced the positive with 2g cable and the negative was replaced with 4g.

PROBLEM SOLVED!!!!!:fluffy:

21 - 27 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.