Nissan Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
49 Posts
Alternator maybe? To me it would seem that it would have to be either the starter, battery, or the alternator. And since it is not the first two then maybe the alternator.

I don't know too much about the inner workings of these engines, but I do know that when I had my gas rc trucks if they ran too rich they would lock up with unburnt fuel. I would have to open the throttle all the way and crank it to get that extra fuel out.

I dont know how this applies to 4stroke car engines but just throwing some things out there to get ya thinking. *shrug*

· Registered
49 Posts
I don't think it's a fuel issue. It runs great for the mileage. The only other issue is it misses while idling. It does it at complete random. It averages 21mpg mixed driving. I'm thinking it's in the valvetrain, but I wanted some other thoughts.
Distributor maybe? I had a 90 sentra that had almost the same symptoms and I found out my distributor was bad (oil leaked in somehow and screwed it all up)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.