Nissan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I been chasing od problems on my '91 hatchback and while doing this I had to unhook the ECU . After hooking it back up the od light comes on like mormal then blinks 16 times in a row. I may have turned the key on while the ECU was unhooked, did I screw something up? What does the od light blinking like this mean? How can I fix this?

·
Registered
189 Posts
OD... Over Drive? I dont know, usually when you have a blinking light on something like your check engine or something it is a code that can be read if you know how many blinks means what.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Chris90FB240sx said:
OD... Over Drive? I dont know, usually when you have a blinking light on something like your check engine or something it is a code that can be read if you know how many blinks means what.

Yes the "overdrive off" light is what I am talking about. As far as I can tell the check engine light comes on with the key in the on posistion and then gose out when I start the car. The car is an automatic.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Ok I looked it up. The OD light flashing means there is a problem with the OD system and you need to have it checked.

Supposivly there is a way to check the code the OD computer is sending, so have it taken to a shop to get a reading.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
There is a lengthy self-diagnostic procedure to find the problem when the OD light "flickers for about 8 seconds". Get yourself a Factory Service Manual at www.phatg20.net and look in the AT section.

Lew

1 - 6 of 6 Posts