Nissan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Every dozen starts or so, my '03 Pathy won't start. The starter turns over the engine with ease, but the engine won't start. I'll wait five seconds, try again, and it'll start fine.

This started last week, a few days after I changed my spark plugs. Normally I'd suspect the problem was related to the plugs... but there's no other symptoms that'd point to that. It runs fine, accelerates smoothly, and the mileage has went up 15-20%. I'd suspect the SES light would come on if there was any pinging/misfiring, and it hasn't.

My other thought would be the fuel filter, but aside from the engine surging at the 7000RPM mark in neutral, I haven't seen any behaviour that would suggest that either.

For the curious, when I changed my plugs I also changed the engine oil/filter, tranny fluid/filter, and air filter.

Any suggestions?

Edit: Could it be the immobilizer? With my Chev, the starter wouldn't even try to turn over with the wrong chip in the key... what happens with Nissans?

·
Registered
430 Posts
Crankshaft sensor will cause you to not start. If it gets worn and moisture gets at the magnet, it creates a short so the sensor can't detect TDC. Had this happen twice in my grand cherokee.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts