Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
in^3,N20,RPM,PSI
4,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah OBX headers. They make them for the GA16DE (they don't advertise it but they have them, I'm positive). They're single piece 4-2-1 design, ceramic coated. From what I see they're not a copy of either the Pacesetter or Hotshot. They got them on ebay from time to time

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1824957014

but if you don't want to wait, I got a group deal going for these, $210 +$20 for s&h.

I don't know about power gains but it's got to be better than the stock manifold (with 2 ports piped together), and it's cheaper than the Hotshot, better quality than the Pacesetter (mines have been in since december, no sign of rust and finish is still good).

Email me if you're interested so not everyone has to read a hundred posts about who does and doesn't want one.

([email protected])

·
Nissan Freak
462 Posts
from what i heard they dont make them for the ga16de
might wanna double check it with them
if they do than post in the sentra/ga16de part of this forum

·
Nissan Freak
462 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Are these only available for B14's? I would be interested if they made them for the B13.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
I was on ebay and I saw these headers. I was even gonna post a thread about them. THEy sound real good for that price... NOW I just need sum $$$

L

·
0 Posts
They've been out for a while now, I believe. Hmm, I haven't heard pleasant things about OBX. Not a quality company from what I've heard. Of course, I've had no personal experience with OBX. Anyone have? ..with bad/good reviews?

·
Registered
351 Posts
Is OBX = Focuz? I know 1 or 2 people had focuz headers and were quite happy with the finish and power. However they are very rare.

Just a reminder though. OBX has a cold air intake on ebay too. and it's really just universal tubing kit.

·
Nissan Freak
462 Posts
well the egr are different from 91-94 and 95-97 FED spec, and 95-98 CALI edition
all 98 US cars had CALI edition egr

·
in^3,N20,RPM,PSI
4,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i have the OBX headers on my car right now. no complaints here. install is probably a little more difficult than the HS or Pacesetter cuz it's one piece. finish is good. power feels pretty decent too. finish go scratched by the car during install but i can see the ceramic coating underneath still and no rust to speak of yet.

·
NPM Lead Editor/Webmaster
4,571 Posts
One Piece? no flex joint?

I doubt it can take the stress long term....

The pics make it look pretty cheaply made...check out that flange...eeeee

and by the way....be careful..those pics on EBAY sure look like the SR20 flange size...

I would personally take my money and save up for a Hotshot Header....if that thing cracks or breaks you probably SOL

Michael Young

·
Nissan Freak
462 Posts
myoung said:
One Piece? no flex joint?

I doubt it can take the stress long term....

The pics make it look pretty cheaply made...check out that flange...eeeee

and by the way....be careful..those pics on EBAY sure look like the SR20 flange size...

I would personally take my money and save up for a Hotshot Header....if that thing cracks or breaks you probably SOL

Michael Young
well on header style like the pacesetter or focuz, you can use the stock flex springs
just get 2 long bolts, some washers, nuts, put the springs on them and you got the stock flex

T

·
0 Posts
as a general rule, OBX stuff is not good. now i have no experience with this particular part, but i do have 2nd hand experience with other OBX stuff. if it's your only option, then yeah, why not get it. but i would look into other options before purchasing something as significant as a header from OBX.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts