Nissan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to get a OBDII sensor, or whatever the emissions place reads, and get it under a microscope.. finger every detail out, and figure out what does what.. i want to make my car have perfect emissions, no matter how many mod's I have...

·
ex-Super *********
1,410 Posts
Sorry to burst your bubble but OBD II is not a sensor, It is a multitude of sensors that the ECU use to determine what it needs to do the make the car run clean, and spot problems. OBD II is a complete system not just one sensor.

·
ex-Super *********
1,410 Posts
Niss200SXGTR said:
hmm... then i think it is time to hack into the cars ECU... and find out what makes what give an output signal.. oh well, its not worht the hassle

JWT already does this for us. Its well worth to pay what they are asking for a reprogramed ECU. I dont know anybody that had the skill, knowlage, or equipment to do it on their own as well as JWT can. The hardest part of doing it would be breaking, learning, and rewriting the code. OBD II systems are easy to understand if you do a lil learin'. Find yourself some books on engine controls and OBD systems. I know lots of you guys may be a lil scared of OBD, but its really pretty simple once you learn about it, and watch it in action(with a scan-tool). I picked it up real easy. Trust me its not magic once you understand the basics its really easy to see how/why it does what it does.

·
Cone Dodger
3,093 Posts
that's true...

on-board diagnostics version 2, just a tighter look on emissions, monitors post-cat emissions and cat-efficiency, and for the ecu's readiness to quickly catch and try to remedy emissions worsening faults or conditions, not really a performance hazard, just inspection wise when turning the everyday driver econocar to the fastest rice-burner on the block......

1 - 6 of 6 Posts