Nissan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey anyone with ideas about my B12 ga16 (it's sad to say that it definitly is carbyed) in the way of air intakes... I really want to build one myself and anyone with some ideas as to how... please help. Here's the problem, I have this little thingy inside the factory airbox and it's something to do with the vacuum something cos it has a hose going into the carby from it. Because I want to get rid of the factory airbox when I do this I need to know where to put this thing (or at least what it does). And the second thing: the O2 sensor... I was told by someone on here that maybe it's poked and that could be the reason why may car starts badly and only gets 10k's to a litre, is there anyway I can check and see? I hope all this makes sense to you because it's a blur to me, any help woult be GREAT

·
Garage Sultan
1,173 Posts
Ive never heard the term "carby" before so i dunno what your referring to. You mean as in "Carburator"? "Carbed"?

The GA16i isnt carbed, it has a TBI fuel injection system. (one big injector for all 4 cylinders).
I believe the thing in the factory airbox that your reffering to is the breather. It takes in air for the engine between strokes.
Mervic knows how to get rid of the airbox and build and adapter. Theres been some discussion about different intakes in previously discussed threads on this forum. You may wanna take a read through some of those threads and see what other people have done.

The 02 Sensor is threaded into the exhasut manifold. You can unscrew it and take a look at it if you want.
Im not really sure about 10k's a liter though. Even though im Canadian and ive used Metric all my life I still think of economy in Miles Per Gallon. I have no idea how to convert between the 2 so i dunno how bad that is...

Hope i helped some!
-Nick

1 - 2 of 2 Posts