Nissan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Ive got a pickle 4 an arm
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm having trouble getting the O2 Sensor off my stock header. it seems to be the same one that the car was built with, and after 140k on the car, im sure changing it will do some good. but it seems to be rusted on. we tried liquid wrench but so far no avail. my uncle even made a "custom" short wrench to fit in that tight space, but we can't get it to budge the sensor at all.

i've heard that it would be easier to remove with the engine hot, as were were obviousely waiting for it to cool so we don't burn our hands, but i havn't tried this yet, i'm just about to. anyway i thought i'd cover more bases and see if anyone else has ideas or solutions. i'm sure there are some whom have had the same problem.

·
Ive got a pickle 4 an arm
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Woo Hoo. i just took the car for a short drive and wala! the old sensor came right off with the "custom" wrench and a few hits from a small hammer. i used a flathead screwdriver to hold the wrench in place. once i got it loose enough, i grabbed an old cloth potholder and carefully unscrewed the sensor. there was no sign of "anti seize" on the old part, the new part however came with some already puttyied into the threads. i've decided to let the engine cool b4 putting the new one on. in the meantime i just thought i'd write and let the advice out to anyone who may have similar troubles.

with rusted or stubborn bolts screws, and even an O2 sensor, heat helps make it easier to remove!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts