Nissan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I posted on about 4 different forums, talked to 6 auto parts stores, and talked to 2 dealerships. None of them were able to tell me exactly which oxygen sensor was in bank 1 sensor 1. As I previously posted, I pulled the following code from my vehicle...

P0031
H02S Bank 1 Sen 1
Heater Circuit
Low

After exhaustive research, I finally tracked down an outstanding tech manual online and found the following photo...

Hope this information can help somebody else out, caues it took me 2 weeks.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I wish I'd have found this forum 2 weeks ago. bank 1 is whatever side your #1 cylinder is on. if you had a V6 or V8, bank 2 would be whatever side your #2 cylinder is on. but since you have a 4 cylinder, you should only have bank 1.

sensor 1 is upstream - that is, before the catalytic converter. usually in the manifold or header. sensor 2 is downstream, after the catalytic converter. vehicles like yours, made after 1996, have OBD2 and all that stuff makes a difference. older ones usually only have one sensor.

Dan

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
blackmaxima88 said:
but since you have a 4 cylinder, you should only have bank 1.
If you would have found it 2 weeks ago, you would have given me the same response everybody was giving me. That crazy ass look and immediate dismissal that my 4-cylinder car has 4 oxygen sensors. Examine the photo a little more carefully. This thing has 2 upstream and 2 downstream sensors....2 banks, 2 sensors each bank. If you don't believe the illustration, I'll go outside right now to get a digital photo.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts