Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I've got a 1996 with 117K miles on it. My check engine light keeps coming on, and I'm trying to figure out why.

I had it scanned and the codes that come up are (all in history):
O2 Sensor Bank 1
Knock Sensor
EGR

I checked the voltage on the O2 Sensor and it is stuck aroudn 1.25V: too high. The EGR is disconnected and so is the knock sensor. The O2 Sensor was replaced a few months ago along with the entire exhaust system from CAT to back. Could my O2 Sensor be broken again after 4 months? Or is the CAT not working properly? Or again, are the disconnected sensors causing problems?

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here is the latest: the Knock Sensor is disconnected because the wiring harness doesn't clip right. The sensor itself may or may not work... I'll have to check that before ordering a new harness.

The EGR is still in place, however the vacuum hose is just pulled out of it. I was told by my mechanic that this was often done as a workaround to the EGR valve being stuck or the hose being clogged, which caused the car to choke up.

My next step is to test the Knock Sensor and the EGR to see if they work. If so, I'd clean them up and reconnect them. But then I still have a 4 month old Rear O2 Sensor that seems to have given up already...

Any tips?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts