Nissan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Checked my ECU today and it spit out code 33
I bought the car like it is ...did nothing to it
there is no hole in the header for and O2 sensor and It has an aftermarket cat on it as well... is there any way to tell the ECU to not look for it... or close the circut?
What are my options?
There is a slight hesitation when you go to jump on it
could this be why?
It also idles a bit high more like fluctuates from 1000rpm to 1700rpm just whenever
down hanging by the header is a wiring harness with a green/red/black/white wires all the wires go into the harness but the green one is cut and I don't know where it goes
Been driving it like this for about 3 months and I just got sick of looking at the check engine light...I did contact the previous owner and he too told me about the O2 sensor...other than that he did a great job on the car I just want to fix it right now.
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
260 Posts
I don't believe you ...

I can believe it when you say there are no O2 sensors on the car.

There should be two sensors on the car. Do you have an aftermarket header? If so, ther wasn't any holes for the o2 sensor?

Can you take a pic of your header?

Did you check under the car for it?

No, you can't no have the ECU not look for it. ECU needs the O2 sensor to provide the proper air and fuel mixture.

Are you running poor milage?

Maybe you have fixed this problem already.

Lucino
ps. That 6 feet high GTR wing on your trunk has to go.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is an aftermarket header-no hole

no more pics either I busted my camera

I know there is a front and rear o2 sensor I know for sure I don't have a front not sure about the rear one
shouldn't the ecu spit a different code for each o2 sensor?

I get about 300 miles on a tank of gas

as for the wing your the first person I came across that didn't like it -I agree with you there but everyone else seems to think it is cool so I leave it...maybe in the spring I'll stick the factory one back on( thats actually the only part the previous owner let me have)
can I have a hole drilled and taped in the header for a o2 sensor?
and is this why it idels so irracticly?

Thanks for the reply

·
Registered
260 Posts
Look for the wires...

Bub said:
It is an aftermarket header-no hole

no more pics either I busted my camera

I know there is a front and rear o2 sensor I know for sure I don't have a front not sure about the rear one
shouldn't the ecu spit a different code for each o2 sensor?

I get about 300 miles on a tank of gas

as for the wing your the first person I came across that didn't like it -I agree with you there but everyone else seems to think it is cool so I leave it...maybe in the spring I'll stick the factory one back on( thats actually the only part the previous owner let me have)
can I have a hole drilled and taped in the header for a o2 sensor?
and is this why it idels so irracticly?

Thanks for the reply
- I have a stick 95 SE, I get about around 350~400 miles on a full tank of gas. Seems to me, your car is eating up gas because the ECU is not providing the proper mixture. Of course, it also might because one's driving style, where you live, etc.

- You first step is need to find the o2 wires that were left unattached.

- Then you will need to drill a hole on the header and inserted it in. You might have to take it to a shop. Samething goes for the bottom one. You can NOT tape it. They can weld it on, çause normally o2 sensors last a long time, so I dont' think it's a problem.

- You will need to buy o2 sensors if you are missing them, they aren't that cheap, probably $80 each, buy the heated ones.

HOpe this helps.

Oh, don't mine my comments on the wing, its your car, do what please you. For a while, I wanted to put a Integra Type R 3 pieces wing on my 200sx, also the GTR style, then I was thinking the Evolution style.... I was out of my mind.

If you don't want to bother with all the trouble, just pull out the bulb from the cluster, that will solve the problem, too.

let me know what you find out

Lucino

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I do travel over a mountain every day to work and I do have a heavy foot ( somedays it's not easy to drive wearing steeltoes..lol)
I looked for the wires and all I can find is a green wire that is cut
all other are attached
how many wires are in the front harness and what colors are they on your car?

and would I have to take the manifold off to drill the hole, or is it ok left on the car
thanks again

·
Registered
260 Posts
Green is da one !!

Hey Bob,

go to this page and look on the last pic..
http://www.geocities.com/wutang1206/Tech.html

Tha's the way it was. You will need to buy a new sensor.
I think it would be okay to drill a hole without removing the header, since the exhuast is going out, it would and should just clean everything up.

Now, you still need to look under the car for the other sensor.

Lucino

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
cool thanks for getting me on the right track
I appreciate it man

·
Registered
205 Posts
No O2 sensor's would suggest the reasons why you're gas mileage sucks, also it sounds like the car was being set up for full race and not streetable. I don't think it's street legal in any state to run a car without an O2 sensor, I could be wrong though. But also if it's idling above 1k then there's obviously some other stuff that's been done to it, the factory idle on our cars is 700-800 so the higher idle could suggest some other work was done to the car making it more likely it was being built up to race, heh. Ask the guy what all mods were done to it and see what kind of a list you get.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok here's the list of mods off the top of my head
aftermarket header-cat & mufler
K&N intake head work p&p
somethin done to the injectors I'm really not sure
momo short shifter
sport comp tach
aftermarket headlights & side markers
GTR wing
lowered
17" wheels on 20540r17 tires
future mods
cam kit
chip
maybe even a 50 shot of nitro
ground fx kit
this things faster than my Z
wanna buy a 260Z?...LOL
Thanks for all the input

·
Registered
260 Posts
Umm... NOS

We can't upgrade just the chip in our car's ECU, he had to get a whole new unit from JWT or Stillen.

NOS sounds reasonable. He upgraded the fuel injectors and ECU to keep up with the demand from the NOS system.

He must been pretty hard on the engine... thank god it was a SR20, not a GA16.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts