Nissan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My check engine light suddenly lit up today and I had the car serviced. It looks like the O2 sensor under the car is going bad or loose. The front one on the air intake is doing good. The part O2 part itself cost $88.57 and labor is $40., totalling $130. I hear that the air in the atmosphere affects the O2 sensor. Should I wait it off a week to see if the check engine light goes off or get it replaced? Need sugguestions.

·
What is Seven Ten for?
2,917 Posts
40 laber? This is something you can do yourself. Just go to auto zone and rent the o2 sensor socket and it will take you just a few minutes. Save yourself that 40, and 80 for the part is pretty high, mine was 45 I believe.

·
Registered
24 Posts
fondoo said:
My check engine light suddenly lit up today and I had the car serviced. It looks like the O2 sensor under the car is going bad or loose. The front one on the air intake is doing good. The part O2 part itself cost $88.57 and labor is $40., totalling $130. I hear that the air in the atmosphere affects the O2 sensor. Should I wait it off a week to see if the check engine light goes off or get it replaced? Need sugguestions.
Where did you go for the $88.57 rear O2 sensor? I checked several online autopart and it costs over $100.

·
Destroyer of worlds.
874 Posts
at autozone OEM replacements are 70(front) and 40(rear), and labor is free cus you can do it yourself. either way you're getting ripped by the mechanic.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Tavel said:
at autozone OEM replacements are 70(front) and 40(rear), and labor is free cus you can do it yourself. either way you're getting ripped by the mechanic.
I checked autozone earlier today and it costs 109.99, part# 13783.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Umm... if you think that there is an O2S in your air intake, you might want to consider leaving this repair to a shop. Please don't take this the wrong way. $40 is about right for labor.

·
Registered
28 Posts
True Dat! Where the hell are you finding an O2 for under $100.00? Hook me up. My check engine has been on since Labor Day '04. Mech shops all want AT LEAST $100.00 to get it hooked up to the comp and tell me what it is too. I'm guessing O2 or MAF maybe.

·
Destroyer of worlds.
874 Posts
man you must live in sucky places...the o2 sensor for my car was 67 dollars, and for my girlfriends is slightly less (60)...ill remember never to leave chicago lol :cheers:

·
Registered
45 Posts
I replaced my front O2 sensor with a bosch. It was only fifty dollars, no labor, unless you count the cost of the burger I ate after I was finished.
:cheers:

·
Registered
24 Posts
2HunKris said:
True Dat! Where the hell are you finding an O2 for under $100.00? Hook me up. My check engine has been on since Labor Day '04. Mech shops all want AT LEAST $100.00 to get it hooked up to the comp and tell me what it is too. I'm guessing O2 or MAF maybe.
I bought the OBD II code reader at Pepboy for 100 - 20 MIR, and read the code myself, quite easy.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I checked the ECU today. I got a 0302 from it. So now I have to figure out what the hell is wrong with the EGR system. I'm understanding that there are two of them, but before I do ANYTHING I need to check the hoses first. Alot of peeps seemed to have this same problem.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Thanks Nos, that's what I'm trying to do now. On another thread we've been talking about it. My check engine light went off after I tested it, but I don't know for how long. I'm still going to try to do what I can just to be safe.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts