Nissan Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2005 Sentra 1.8L, Hasn't anyone come across the problem of the bad Bank 1 O2 sensor causing the fuel pump not to charge?
It happened to me 3 years ago and now I am looking at the same thing.
The fuses and relay is good, the fuel pump is only 3 years old because I replaced it the first time when it was never the problem.
Only after I replaced the O2 sensor did the "car" start.
I can't find this experience anywhere on any forums or other web sites.
With these B15 Sentras this stuff really happens.
This car has been mediocre at best.
It was my 1st Nissan and it will be my last.
All my other cars are trouble free because they are Toyotas.
My Previa has 398K miles on it. Something a Nissan can't even dream of.

·
NF Mod/Nissan Master Tech
2006 Pathfinder LE, 2003 Frontier SVE
10,665 Posts
My 2008 Pathfinder has 275,000 miles on it. It's not 398K miles, but I'm still driving it and don't see it coming off the road anytime soon....knock on wood! But I have seen a late-90s Maxima with 450,000 miles on it. The guy worked as an insurance adjuster and was constantly on the road.
As far as trhe O2 sensor/no start issue, I've never heard of that problem on a Nissan. I guess you're just "lucky?" 🤷‍

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
In our shop there's a gen1 Murano at almost 500K, he'll probably hit the mark sometime next year. It's on its second engine because of a road-damage incident a couple years back that wasn't really the engine's fault, but the original CVT is still going strong. It's getting hard to find odds and ends for the rest of the car, especially plastic stuff, but we keep finding ways to repair what can't be replaced. Just as in relationships, true love can climb a mountain of s#%t.
:)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts