Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
[architecture&cars]
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dad's has a 02' or 03' Pathfinder. in my garage a neighbor scuffed the driver side rear bumper. The neighbor agreed to pay for the damage. He's went to get some estimates to get it repaired but they seem extremely high. From about $750-800. Let me inform you that there isn't any dents or de-formation to the bumper at all. it's just scuffed w/ paint and some small cracks.

I have a feeling that the paint shops were after more money, b/c they told my dad that they needed to get a new bumper and reinforcement which isn't necessary. All they'd have to do is bondo the side(s) of the bumper, sand down and repaint to match the truck's finish, RIGHT?????

Anyone know of any good Paint shops in Bronx/Yonkers, NY areas??

Thanks ppl

·
Registered
3 Posts
Honestly dude that does sound extremely expensive. I had that done too before, and I paid 400 for the bumper. I went to my buddy's dad shop which is actually in Brooklyn. It's located on 13th Ave and 38th Street it's called "T&H Auto"

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Yeah! They're takin' you for a ride, that's too expensive.

I've got slightly more damage to my 06 front bumper, scrape, not scuff, and the Nissan body shop estimated it at $350.

My sister once owned an 05 Pathfinder and she got her rear bumper scuffed and it was estimated about $250. It was a big long wide scuff too!

·
Registered
23 Posts
New rear bumper...

Hey Guys, Sorry that's not too far off... I just got a quote from the dealer because my right rear bumper was damage due to a hit and run... luckly I found the car that hit me last night, it had my paint all over it... but anyways here is the breakdown of the quote from the dealer...
Oh yeah this is for a 2003 Pathfinder... and in Oregon...

Bumper = $257.00 unpainted
Paint = $250.00
Labor = $250
Total = $757.00

I had some other damage also, but this is about what it is for a new painted and installed rear bumper...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts