Nissan Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
the reason i ask is because i have a chance to buy a set for 150 bucks. Ill clean them up and buy new rotors and pads but i was wondering if its worth it if they arent the right ones, (ABS version). The seller doesnt know which ones they are. Is there a way to check to see which ones they are?

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
the ABS version has a "biohazerd" sysmbol stamped into the top. unless the rotors are bent there is no need to replace them, just have them turnedon a brake lathe. and get "carbotech" brake pads, 99se-l says they put a gret finish on his rotors so it should "restore" your rotors as well, along with insain stoping power.

·
Registered
2018 Nissan Pathfinder SL
4,224 Posts
Marius said:
the reason i ask is because i have a chance to buy a set for 150 bucks. Ill clean them up and buy new rotors and pads but i was wondering if its worth it if they arent the right ones, (ABS version). The seller doesnt know which ones they are. Is there a way to check to see which ones they are?
150 is at best OK
I paid $220 with core and Shipping for rebuilt calipers "loaded" and with new rotors all Raybestos. from Rockauto.
So if you have to buy pads and rotors you are way above 220 !!!

And you should look for ad22vf on the calipers. there are pictures somewhere on the forum.

Good luck.....

EDIT:--------------Found this from when I was upgrading mine.....
I ordered Raybestos from this....
Part numbers for ad22vf upgrade
Rotors:
BENDIX 141794
RAYBESTOS 96280
DELCO/DURASTOP 18A517

CALIPERS:

WAGNER L126784 Lt Hand
WAGNER L126785 Rt Hand

CARDONE F LEFT 17-1441
CARDONE F RIGHT 17-1440

RAYBESTOS F LEFT RC10156
RAYBESTOS F RIGHT RC10155

AUTO SPECIALTY F LEFT 40-51090
AUTO SPECIALTY F RIGHT 40-51089

·
Registered
4,224 Posts
maddnizmo said:
What I mean is there other options then powerstop/powerslot rotors

or any 4x100 10"5 rotors will do
Product: Brake Disc

front (257 x 26mm) FITS:

Year Range:
11/1990-6/1992

Catalog No: N1000-34540
Brand: Brembo
Weight: 14.25
:
Our Price: $34.95
List Price: $115.35
You Save: $80.40

·
Registered
4,224 Posts

·
Registered
4,224 Posts
Johnny-wonk said:
Are you asking if I know the difference between ABS and non-ABS brakes ?
The answer to that is no.
I only know what I read here before doing my conversion, that the safest way to ask for the AD22VF brakes is by ABS nx2000 Jap manf.
I posted all the part numbers I found when I was researching because they were scattered all over the two forums.
I think you are correct that there are other years and options out there with the AD22VF's but that is my perception and not from fact.

·
NX2000 Bredren
212 Posts
IanH said:
Are you asking if I know the difference between ABS and non-ABS brakes ?
The answer to that is no.
I only know what I read here before doing my conversion, that the safest way to ask for the AD22VF brakes is by ABS nx2000 Jap manf.
I posted all the part numbers I found when I was researching because they were scattered all over the two forums.
I think you are correct that there are other years and options out there with the AD22VF's but that is my perception and not from fact.

Sorry, when I wrote that, the last two post were number 4 and 5 (Made by me). I wasnt asking anything. There is no difference between ABSed and Non ABSed NX brakes. Both have AD22's. Both use the same pads, and both use the same Rotors.

·
Registered
4,224 Posts
seven_b13 said:
good post.. looking to do this upgrade also.
thanks guys
Well since you resurrected this thread from the dead I have a question about alternative brake pads for the AD22VF set up.
Mine are worn out, raybestos that came with the loaded calipers, did about 32000 miles.
my use is strictly street, I do not want to increase front bias, any suggestions for replacement pads ?

·
NX2000 Bredren
212 Posts
Honestly...I run the Cheapest pads availible on the street (Wearever Silvers). With el cheapo pads and some sythetic brake fluid I have only felt my brakes fade once on the street (because I came down from 100mph hard about 3 times). Unless your trying to Autocross on the street or your making alot of HP then a cheap pad should be good for you.

If you want a nice Bite Try a Carbotech pad. But that nice bite isnt going to cost $30 like cheap pads are...

21 - 31 of 31 Posts