Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Powered by natural gas
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The front brakes on my daily driver 99 Sentra GXE are way underpowered for daily beltway abuse, and highway to traffic jam cruising. The rotors, drums and pads were just replaced when I bought the car last May. One of my front rotors is already warped. I did a search for NX2000 brake swap. My car does not have abs. So do I need the Altima porportioning valve? Are the B13 and B14 front brakes ( spindles, hubs, calipers etc.) the same because a lot of swap info referred to the B13. Would a 2oo Sx SER front brake swap be beter, as what are the rotor sizes for the GA16DE, SE-R, and NX 2000? I would only be doing the front swap so would it go like the B13 swap info on the Nismo B13 brake upgrade guide? I want to go with stock brembo rotors and hi perf pads, no slots or holes. Fitted under 15'' SER wheels. Thanks for ANY help.-Chris

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
all that you need to buy is this:
1. nx2000 1993 front brakes from the ABS car
2. nx2000 1993 front rotors from the ABS car
3. and tourque members.

·
Nis-ho
556 Posts
what about the rears, cuz i'm thinking of doing a conversion

·
Banned
4,308 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
if u have a 99 then your front bakes are the same as a ser's (b14). 91-97 ga16de has 9.1" x 18mm the ser's(and 98-99 ga's) are 9.8" x 18mm and the nx2ks are 10.1 x 26mm. The price difference is about 10-15 dallors more for loaded nx2k from a part store. Add matching rotors and your done 4 bout 250-300.

·
Powered by natural gas
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
SXSENIS said:
if u have a 99 then your front bakes are the same as a ser's (b14). 91-97 ga16de has 9.1" x 18mm the ser's(and 98-99 ga's) are 9.8" x 18mm and the nx2ks are 10.1 x 26mm. The price difference is about 10-15 dallors more for loaded nx2k from a part store. Add matching rotors and your done 4 bout 250-300.
Ah, so for the B14 I don't need to swap knuckles or hubs, just calipers (or pads) , and rotors correct? What was this I read about the Altima porportioning valve? I am assuming since I don't have ABS or rear disc I do not need it, but expect slight pedal travel? Thanks for your help, I do appreciate it. :cheers:

·
Red line chaser
814 Posts
Without a doubt, get a set of "loaded" calipers if you decide to go through with the brake upgrade. The loaded calipers come with the torque members. Only other thing to get is the AD22VF rotors and maybe stainless brake lines and good brake fluid for finishing touches. You will not need any type of proportioning valve with this upgrade at all, since the overall brake bias will not be changed that much. Just stronger stopping power and much better fade resistance when you hit the stop pedal.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Loaded means caliper,mount bracket(torque member),and pads. you just have to remove the dust sheild and bolt on. and of couse the rotors. And he's right you don't need the alti master cylinder(proportioning valve) for this.

·