Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Platinum
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just found out that NX1600 and Sentra/200SX has same transmission, but NX has lower final gear. Sentra/200SX has 3.895 and NX1600 is 4.167.

Has anyone thought about swapping NX final gear or whole transmission on Sentra or 200SX? Lower final gear should higher the RPM so it shuld help to get our slow car going.. What do you guys think about this idea?

·
Nissan Freak
462 Posts
what about the other gear ratios?

·
Platinum
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did you know all of this?

U.S GA16 tranny has horrible gear ratio.

---U.S.---------JDM

1st 3.333........3.063
2nd 1.955........1.826
3rd 1.286........1.286
4th 0.926........0.975
5th 0.733........0.810

final 3.895 (Sentra/200SX) 4.167 (NX1600 and JDM N14) 4.471 (JDM N13)

And a lot of JDM GA15/16 tranny comes with V-LSD. (LSD was optional for GA powered cars)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Re: Did you know all of this?

CarbonBlack200 said:
U.S GA16 tranny has horrible gear ratio.

And a lot of JDM GA15/16 tranny comes with V-LSD. (LSD was optional for GA powered cars)
I wonder if we could get the part numbers of these trans. and get an engine importer to get these for us :). I need a new trans soon anyways because of a messed up 2nd gear synchro :( A lsd trans would be sweet. If not, I guess I'll just save up my money for an engine swap(sr16ve)... tough choices.

·
Nissan Freak
462 Posts
WaLdo98 said:
Man...I wish I had LSD on my tranny...but I have a slush-o-matic and even with a LSD on my auto tranny...I don't have enough power to take advantage of it...:(
lol
i wonder how much a tranny like this would run with the lsd and if it would bolt right up?
cause our US trannies are known to be not the strongest

·
Nissan Freak
462 Posts
jingjing said:
I wonder then if it would be cheaper than buying the phantom grip lsd, hmmmmmmmmm.
well if u get phantom grip lsd that is 300$+ installation
but if some company can get a whole tranny with clutch and flywheel (possbility that the flywheel might be lighter than stock) for around 500$ sounds like a bad ass deal if any company can hook us up
anyone have any websites what cars they come in or any links?
thanks
nothin better than oem

·
Platinum
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
how about Nismo LSD?

NISMO makes aftermarket LSD for JDM GA tranny. It's about $900. Hehe, this is the another secert I was keeping..

·
Registered
30 Posts
Re: how about Nismo LSD?

CarbonBlack200 said:
NISMO makes aftermarket LSD for JDM GA tranny. It's about $900. Hehe, this is the another secert I was keeping..
You're just full of secret JDM nissan information :) What else do they get that we don't? :D

·
Registered
40 Posts
my tranny just went today :mad: i'm in canada ,i have a 1991 sentra se 2 door us model ga16de 5 speed.
i was woundering if i have to find the tranny for that model car or can you tell me if any other one will fit and what

·
Platinum
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
RIZZO said:
my tranny just went today :mad: i'm in canada ,i have a 1991 sentra se 2 door us model ga16de 5 speed.
i was woundering if i have to find the tranny for that model car or can you tell me if any other one will fit and what
Auch, I am sorry to hear this. I hope it's not the tranny tough. My clutch blew up last month and I thought it was the tranny until I actually took my tranny off. If it was really your tranny, finding new one (used) shouldn't be too hard. Any B13 and B14 NON-SE-R tranny will fit, or even older 4 speed B12 and Pulsar tranny fits right on too. People laugh at 4 speed tranny, but I heard they are a lot stronger than newer trannys.

Also, it is the best chance to try out NX1600 tranny too! Or if you have a way to find a JDM tranny, you're going to like the closer ratio. But if you are the long distance freeway driver, I would just stick with U.S. tranny.

Good luck!

·
Platinum
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Re: Re: how about Nismo LSD?

JD4 said:

You're just full of secret JDM nissan information :) What else do they get that we don't? :D
hehe.. There are lots of stuff available over there and too many to list up here. I don't want people to have heart attack.. So I will talk about it a little later.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I would just like to clarify that:

B13 (sentra 1.6) = 3.895 Final Drive
B13 (nx1600) = 4.167 Final Drive

B14 (sentra 1.6/200sx 1.6) = 4.167 Final Drive

Now with that 4.167 final drive you car will definatly be better on gas (revving lower) and have a higher MPH for each gear.

but i dont know if the 3.895 is going to give better 1/4 mile times?? (lower top speed per gear, plus harder on gas)

Thats why all b13 sentras are hard as hell on gas compared to b14 sentra's/200sx's

·
Nissan Freak
462 Posts
the nx tranny would gives us better jump off the line, and probably we know that our exhaust gets pretty loud at 70 so it will make the car a bit more pleasurable

and u ask will it be worth to change ratios?
i say yes, just look at the mustang guys, when they change to 4.10 gears they are fast as hell from the stop

·
Registered
45 Posts
yes an nx or b14 tranny will definatly make our cars quietier at 6-70mph...

a 3.895 revs around 2850 rpms at 62.5mph
a 4.167 revs around 2450 rpms at "

a 3.895 has more low end punch but dies of quicker..
a 4.167 might be slower(a guess) off the line since it has more top end speed?

but a 4.167 probably is better even though its more boggy of the line.. Just launch higher to hit that higher top speed

by the way the mexican Tusuru's have the same tranny as a b14 sentra/200sx. gear and final drive ratios are the same i think

·
Nissan Freak
462 Posts
plus i rememebered couple of our members had problems with 5th gear popout on their b13
so b14 or nx tranny seems like a good buy

1 - 20 of 28 Posts