Nissan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I'll first begin by saying I'm a big fan of freeway racing. My friend Dan is a rich little bastard, and his family has a lot of nice cars (his "beater" is a 2002 Chevy Avalanche). Dan and I were coming home from hockey one night and he had his parents 2002 Viper GTS. I had my Nissan NX2000... so he was in front and i followed. Yeah, he definatly kicked my ass getting up to about 120 in like 6 seconds and i think i was somewhere around 85. I eventually lost sight of him. But hey, its all good. Anyone else ever get their ass kicked in a race like this?

·
Registered
333 Posts
some old man wooped my ass in a new vet. he reved on me at a light so i took him. I figured since we were already goine about sixty five or seventy i could out "top end" him because of the weight difference, well i drop third and look at him with a smart ass face and wave bye to him, zzzzzooommmmm i pass him, he looks starteled and i felt good, but over my stero i hear the sound of the monster v8 gearing down and he zooms by me laughing like hell, I was totally playe by that old fukr:mad: ;)

BUT You can't win em' all. The next time im just gonna run his old smart ass off the road :D

·
Registered
152 Posts
no matter how much lighter your car is, those muscle cars will make you look silly. if you want to even come close you will need some serious boost. then you will really leave them surprised, even if you lose.

·
NF's Offical Post Whore
1,972 Posts
I know somebody's gonna say I'm full of shit for all the nice cars but a car show was just getting out as I came home from mcdonalds. stopped at a 3 lane light. I was in front, a 90 style 300ZX pulled up next to me on one side and a Viper was on the other. Behind me was a 240SX but it definately wasnt the KA24 in there. Anyway I revved to see what would happen and about 10 seconds after the light turned green all the cars were out of site and my foot was on the floor. It was fun eitherway.

·
Registered
321 Posts
A friend of mine got into it with an Aston Martin DB7 Vantage (the 414hp 5.9L DOHC V12).........he HAD a '90 Chevy Beretta GTZ (the engine blew up...again...now he has a 92 NX2000). Now laugh all you will, but from a high speed roll, a Beretta GTZ will pull right away from a nearly stock SE-R without a problem (that 180hp Quad 4 HO is a BEAST at high revs), but against the Vantage he bit off WAAAAY more than he could chew. They went from an 85mph roll, he went to 3rd (GTZ's 3rd gear goes to 100mph), and started to pull, but as soon as the Vantage driver figured out what was up, he just up and spanked him! He said within a minute or so, the Vantage was out of sight (over a mile ahead), with the Beretta pulling 5500rpm in 5th gear (about 135mph)......it just SMOKED him.....we figure that thing had to have been doing at least 170mph.

F

·
0 Posts
My friend used to love my decked out Civic. They figured if it looks fast... then it MUST be fast. Too sum it up, it was a 1.6 SOHC VTEC auto (98 EX) with H/I/E. I let my friend drive it to the movies one night while I rode in my friends explorer.

That dumbass decided to rev next to a BPF Supra at the stoplight with my girl and 2 other passangers in the car. We all knew what happened there. It didn't even look like my civic was even moving! I was in the explorer and IT could've spanked my car! That Supra just tore up the streets. And to top it off. It was a hottie with her girlfriend in that tight Supra ;)

·
All over your face!
2,384 Posts
Yeah, I've been a victim of a viper as well. It was a bad ass yellow with blue racing stripes newer version of the viper. Anyways, I was coming home from work at around 2 am (bartending) and There was a viper going to be going north. I was in the left turn lane about to go north as well. So I get my arrow first, and then I drive slow as fuck. I'm pushing 7psi (stock) and when he pulls up, I revv on him. He just doesn't know what to think. I then downshift to 2nd and punch it a little to show him that I got some GO with my car. He acknowledges and Then he hits it, I'm a little to late to downshift to 2nd again, so he of course gets the jump. So now I'm basically playing catch up. Around 100mph he hits the brakes to slow down. I fly by him saying to myself, "WTF?". So then I try to get him to go again, but no go, He was a puss. I guess he only liked to race when he gets the jump. I know I would have lost anyways, but not as big of a margin as he did have. He was a good 4 cars away from me before he hit the brakes. I call "Pansy" on him.... oh well. It's the only race I've ever lost, so I remember it quite well.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah I agree. Anyone with that kinda car shouldn't be afraid to go at least 120 mph. Kinda funny tho, dan with the viper got pulled over the other night for doing 81 mph on an off ramp...

·
CA18DET Wizard
1,366 Posts
Racing cars like that is a once in a life time thing! It's no worse than me racing that Ferarri;) Chance of a life time boyz and when oppotunity knocks, seize it for this is what it's all about....

·
Banned
395 Posts
boost_boy said:
Racing cars like that is a once in a life time thing! It's no worse than me racing that Ferarri;) Chance of a life time boyz and when oppotunity knocks, seize it for this is what it's all about....
exactly, once, a green suouped up viper had an encounter with me on the streets, i was with my bro......the viper sounded like it had balls......well we get to a stop light, and it doesnt appear as if he wants beef. so i dont revv....but as the light turns green, he guns it hard as hell.and takes off, me and my bro start laughing at the thought that i'd actually stand a chance against him or that i'd actually race him..........it was fun, i shoulda raced tho......

·
TECKADEMICS
281 Posts
I actually took a 2002 Viper GTS up 90MPH in my old 95 Talon.
But I was pushing around 375HP at all four wheels.
You should have seen the look on this guy's face!
I kinda miss that car :(

·