Nissan Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have a 1992 Nissan NX 1600 XE (5 Speed) and the windshield has been smashed beyond repair. Unfortunately, I cannot seem to find a replacement NX windshield anywhere, let alone one that is either in Canada or will ship to Canada. However, I can find many Sentra windshields from the same year. Looking up the Nissan part numbers, they seem to be different (Sentra windshield is 72712-52Y00 and NX windshield is 72712-70Y00), however I have heard that they may be interchangeable. If this is true, it would save me a massive headache.

Alternatively, if the Sentra windshield will not fit, are there any other vehicles with a compatible windshield, and if not, what are my other options for replacing it?

Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
The guys in the SR20 Forum say B13 and NX1600/NX2000 glass is interchangeable across the whole car. It's hearsay and I can't vouch for it, but I found more than one post that said so.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the quick reply, when I get my hands on the Sentra windshield I'll get back here with my results.

·
NF Mod/Nissan Master Tech
2006 Pathfinder LE, 2003 Frontier SVE
10,487 Posts
With the bodies being so different, I'd be surprised if the Sentra windshield fits the NX. FYI, there were two different tints used on the NX; the 72712-70Y00 was blue tint and the 72712-61Y00 was bronze tint.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts