Nissan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm brand new to this board (so new in fact that I don't even own a Nissan... yet!) But once I get my hands on a decent B13 SE-R I'll be all over this board. But for now I'm prepping.

But when I saw the NW Nismo Syndicate I had to check out their site. But its dead... the site says the owner should contact Tech Support.

So I'm hoping whoever owns the NW Nismo Syndicate site will see this so they can find out whats up with their site. I for one, am dying to see it.

Speaking of getting my hands on an SE-R, anyone know of any B13 SE-R's for sale in the Seattle area? I'm having a rough time finding one.

Thanks!
Carlos
drivin' an old Bimmer for now...

·
Oh, Herro!
2,337 Posts
Hey, welcome to the boards. NW Nismo's site seems to be a little finicky from time to time. I'm sure somebody will have it back up and running soon.

I hope you're able to find a clean SE-R for sale around you - there's nothing cooler than an SR20-powered B13 if you ask me. I sure wish my old B13 had something a little more potent than the GA16. You're going to really enjoy your Nissan when you get it. They're reliable, fun little cars with a lot of personality and a ton of potential for power.

Hope to see you at a meet sometime!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Samo, thanks for the heads up on the NW Nismo site.

Once I get a B13 I'll definitely try and get to a meet. I've got a friend with a Maxima too so I'll let him know about this site.

BTW, I like your Ghettoblaster... especially the offset Nissan emblem. Very original, very cool. Even if you are only running a GA16!!!

Props man!
Carlos

·
I command you to SEARCH
2,748 Posts
Yea, we are having some tech issues with the site. I really hope to have it worked out soon, but we have so much going on in the summer that it is hard to find the time.

We will be at most, if not all, the import events in the NW this summer. We are showing a few cars at the Mospeed show (Import Jam 2K2) this Saturday.

samo, see you on the 15th.

·
Oh, Herro!
2,337 Posts
Carlos - thanks for the compliments on the car - she's taken a lot of work. A lot of work.

Sean - Hope to see the site up and running soon! Good luck at the show, and I'll see you @ the drags!

J

·
0 Posts
Welcome!!!

But if you have a BMW to play with, why would you want a Sentra?

Otherwise I will keep my eyes open. When they do come up for sale they seem hard to sell. I have to find it, but there is a black SE-R I have seen within the last couple months for sale locally. As soon as I come accross it I will post it here.

Probably a good place to keep an eye open would be:
http://www.nwsr20de.com/

Jason

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't know about an NX2K. What do you guys think of 'em compared to a B13 Sentra?

So about how many members of the NW Nismo Syndicate are there? I was just wondering what kind of meets you guys had and where you show up together.

For those of you with high-speed internet, check out www.dtmpower.net - these guys travel up and down the East Coast together to different meets and they've taken video of their "adventures"(you'll see what I'm talking about). Someone on Nismo end of things needs to record their priceless memories. There'd be nothing cooler than a huge group of Nissan's running in a horde to a meet.

lets hope it stays sunny in Seattle...
Carlos

·
I command you to SEARCH
2,748 Posts
We have 7 members at this time.
In the summer, we tend to not put on meets. We sometimes attend the general Nissan meets that are at Gasworks Park every Sunday at 2PM. Sometimes there is a good turn out, sometimes there is not.
The summer is so full of Import events, that those keep us pretty busy. The team does hang out together quite a bit though. We have BBQ's, andgo on road trips.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
how do I join??

So once I actually get my hands on an SE-R... how do I go about joining the NW NISMO Syndicate? Is it a yearly fee? Do I get a cool Syndicate sticker to put in my window? What about my car, what if it doesn't quite meet up to show quality but I love it to death?

Boy do I ask a lot of questions or what?

·
I command you to SEARCH
2,748 Posts
Well, let's see.

Let's start with the car.
It does not have to be show quality, or running 12's at the track.
It does need to have some things done (wheels, lowered, bolt-ons, stuff like that) to be considered for the team.
You need to keep it clean (washed often) and in good running condition.
You need to do some kind of mod every few months. If you do one big mod (bodykit, motor swap) it is understood that you would not be doing a mod in a while.

If that sounds ok, then I would ask that you start coming out to the local import events. That is the best way for us to get to know you, and you to know us. There are Nissan meets every Sunday at 2pm, at Gasworks park. If you let me know in advance that you will be there, I will show up.
We are also at all the major shows and races. In the coming weeks there is the Import Challenge Friday June 15th in Woodburn Oregon, ImportMix night races at Pacifid Raceway Sat. June 21st, ExtremeAutorama at the Seattle Expo center sat. Jun. 22nd. The team will be attending these events. I will not be at the ImportMix night races on the 21st, as I will be setting up my car for the show on the 22nd.
After spending some time with the team, if you decide you want to be a part of it, we take a vote. 5 out of 7 votes can get you in.
If you are voted in, there is a $50 fee that covers the banners, and t-shirts. We pay monthly dues of $20, and when there is a birthday on the team we each throw in $10 more for the B-day person.
We also have a set of rules we abide by.
They are pretty easy to follow, but it may not be for everyone.

Keep in touch.....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts