Nissan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Any of you guys install NR gauges in your 200's. If so, how difficult was it? I was thinking of purchasing pro car parts stuff, but I dont think you can get the gauges over the needles without
[email protected]#king it up! please help

·
Banned
809 Posts
hahha

I installed PCP indiglows for my SE 200SX.. i installed em in about 10 minutes.. it was a BBBBBIIIITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH finding a positive power source.. until i realzied the big label "ACC".. aka "power". then i chunked the switch, adn transformer in the dash... installed no problem.. except the Speedo.

the speedo was difficult, because of the Odometer reset button thing... you have to bend it CARE-FREAKING-FULLY.. to not break it.. and still slide the guage over the needle.. difficult, but worth it. ALso, while your gauge thing will beout.. replace all the bulbs with colored bulbs.. i did mine in red.. its bulb 194.. you cna get green, red, hyper, blue, yellow. whatever needle color you'd like :).. it makes your needles, and odometer and trip alll that color.. i did mine in red, with blue indiglows.. thats my scheme.. red / blue interior.. and white outside..

ill be, im a patriot!Red White and
Blue

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cool site Seth. NR is a large gauge manufacturer check em out
www.nrauto.com. I tried to install the PCP indiglos and your right they are a BBBBBBBBBBIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTCH. I tried for half an hour with no [email protected]#$king luck. The gauges were all bubbly and bent out of shape, so I gave up. I bought some from NR and they provide a tool to remove the needle. I asked them hella questions about removing the needle but they said it was cool. OH YEAh, my tach is out Of calibration, it idles at 2k rpm!!!!!
How do I fix it?

Thanks for da info

:p

·
what?
2,704 Posts
Hey,
Thanks for the compliments on my site. Its always a work in progress.
Anyway, you don't really need a tool to remove the needles, and they should be removed for any face modification. It prevents them or the whole assembly from being broken or recalibrated improperly.
To fix the offset, measure the distance in your mind between where the needle is now, and where you want it to be. Then remove the cluster, and unplug it and everything. Remove the black bezel and the clear plastic cover. Watch the needles sag. When the tach needle hits its 'bottom' push it until it gets firm (maybe just a few degrees). Now push it farther the distance you measured in your mind earlier. You are now calibrating the needle to a lower speed. Never push the needle clockwise. Always counterclockwise. So if you overshoot, spin it all the way around again.

Seth

P.S. I don't want to make you nervous here, but anyway...Just be careful with the tach since its a weighted magnet. If you push to far it will automatically 'flop' over. If this happends you'll know what I mean. Don't worry, just keep going, and then 'flop' it back the other direction. Because your offset is so small, this shouldn't happen.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the info man. I'll try to calibrate it this weekend with the info you gave. I'll keep you posted with the project.

Thanks again!!

·
Registered
323 Posts
is this a calibration for both the tach and the speedo, my tach is fine but when i first installed my gauges it was 17 mph slower then how fast i was going, then i tinkered and now it's better but it's too fast, it says i'm going fast then i am and being oval it's exponential so the faster i go the more acurate it is i believe but the low end messes me up.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Its the tach thats out of calibration. I tried to puch those PCP gauges and it just F#$KED UP. I guess I was frustrated.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts