Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Banned
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, well since most of you read NPM every month and look forward to the B15 articles, I'm asking for your help.

What kind of articles (related to the B15) do you want to read about?

·
Banned
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I knew that. :D I mean what kind of particular things do want to see next? Brake articles, body kit installs etc etc...

J

·
0 Posts
Personally I am more of an engine man, not much for cosmetics. I would like to see maybe an overview of a turbo or nos installation for the b15, i think that would be sorta cool

·
Registered
76 Posts
Keith,,
The whole bodykit thing would actually be a decent idea....especially seeing how the B15's are growing...and it would also help alot of owners in making a decision....But I also think that it would be worth the wait for the arrival of the new Stillen kits coming out.....

B

·
0 Posts
KSipmann said:
Okay, well since most of you read NPM every month and look forward to the B15 articles, I'm asking for your help.

What kind of articles (related to the B15) do you want to read about?
I think I am the only SCCA National racer who will be campaigning a 2002 SE-R in road races. I know Nissan Motorsports is supporting one or two guys who will be running Spec V's in World Challenge, but that's Pro racing. I think I'll be the only driver in a new SE-R at the National level for amateurs.
Why not provide some coverage of this activity??
Barry

·
Registered
17 Posts
The spec XE race series up in Canada sounds interesting. I am not sure how much it will be covered by anyone. I only found out about it because one of the drivers (McGrath sp?) was trying to sell some of the parts that are removed to make the racecars.

·
Banned
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What racing series are you referring to?

I've already attempted to contact the OSSCC, they havent responded.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hey about the turbo topic, you should write about setups that will benefit us. What i mean by that is what kind of actual turbo, electronics for it, intercoolers, and the rest of the hardware. Everyone knows what goes good with the 2.0 but maybe some info with the 1.8 or 2.5 wouldbenifit us a whole lot. Maybe with this knowledge a few more people would know a few good combinations that would match up good for their cars. Just an idea.

Khem

·
Banned
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey about the turbo topic

I'm actually attempting to put together a turbo setup for the QG18DE now, as for the QR25DE...I'll let someone else take the lead for that. One engine at a time. :cool:

This setup will take some time to develope and test so don't expect it in NPM too soon. There are alot of other things in the works that will be featured first.

·
Banned
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm thinking of using a T28 or a T3, but we will see. Again this is just in the development stages yet,..no fabrication work has been done. I'm sources parts and fabricators.

B

·
0 Posts
Re: to: Barry

myoung said:
Barry... If you'd like to do some write ups on it and be able to supply some good photos, we would be more than willing to carry it in NPM.

Michael Young
NPM
Here's a brief status report on the car:
It's a 2002 Sentra SE-R. This past week it has been in the shop having a custom roll-cage welded in. It has a Sparco racing seat, a Sparco 5-point harness, and all the SCCA required safety stuff.
Before it went to the shop for the cage, it was at another racing shop called Datsun Dynamics where they fabricated a custom, mandrel bent exhaust, removed the airbags, installed a fuel-testing port, installed a hard-wired transponder, and did other stuff to make it race-ready.
So, this weekend, we'll be installing Hawk Blue racing brake pads on the front, and doing little things to finish it off. The cars' very first race will be on the weekend of May 18 & 19 at the SCCA National road race at Nelson Ledges, OH.
Barry

T

·
0 Posts
Story Idea

How about some comparision testing of bolt on's? Hotshot Gen 5 Vs $tillen, ect? Which CAI's work well, and which ones are trash?
Maybe, how to add 25 WHP for $700 or less, or some such?

·
Banned
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
How about some comparision testing of bolt on's?

We could do that, but then again aftermarket for B15's is slim. I'll see what I can put together.

I doubt you'll find 25whp for under $500 with any NA car. I mean headers alone cost $475. If you know of something let me know :D

1 - 20 of 25 Posts