Nissan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...upgraded my stock interior dome light bulb and my rear cargo dome bulb to much brighter LED bulbs ($20 in total for both.) Just mentioning this incase others who might be thinking of doing the same are interested ....it is a nice bright white light versus the slightly dull/white-yellow bulb . Added bonus is the safety factor at night when you are exiting your vehicle and the dome lights turn on....other drivers really see your LED lit up interior and maybe pay more attention as you exit your driver's/passenger doors. This article i found is a good read for the pros and cons of upgrading the dome lights to LED.... » Thrilling LED bulb replacement action! How to Spot a Psychopath

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ha!...yah, i kinda went nuts with the LED lights.....but it does look good at night, inside and out. I cant leave things alone, whether broken or fine as is (i mean in general..not just my xtrail) ..i like to fix and improve upon things whenever i can. Even the lawn mower, or if i hear a squeaky wheel somewhere, a stuck house window...i just like to maintain things or see if i can improve upon them..sometimes trial and error.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Hi Otomodo, its just the 31 mm replacement ''Festoon'' dome lite bulb. I have Google image pasted a link here for you to click on and view... https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/ed/89/7a/ed897a7d3142a26fd2d191399c2676e6.jpg have the packaging in my glovebox and i can tell you later what brand it is, but i think any brand name will do as long as you buy a 31 MM size that fits the original bulb holder. Keep in mind that you or others may find the LED replacement light TOO Bright! I kinda enjoy it, but i kept my old bulbs just incase i think i made a mistake. I decided to not upgrade the map lights (next to the rear view mirror) to LED as i rarely turn them on and that would be overkill anyways. This next photo will give you an idea of the LED light color and how your interior will look at night with dome light turned on.....http://dck.img.gaatu.com/119236-7.jpg

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/61Xrxz4+5OL._SY355_.jpg i think this is what you looking for? the xtrail map light bulbs i believe are just the tiny , round glass top bulb, 6 watt --12 volts, that just twists in. Should be very easy in any city with an auto parts store/ canada tire, etc. I am not positive but the bulb number might be a ''1895''........try the RadioShack /The Source in montreal or at the nissan parts dept..it should be fairly cheap as it is the old style bulb. And im sure if you cant find it in 1895, buy it in LED....Advance Auto Parts - Down for Maintenance

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
otomodo...im on the Amazon.ca website and they have all sorts of 1895 map light bulbs, regular and LED.....some in pairs, others in 10,20 bulbs per package, some free shipping --some not. But honestly it shouldnt be a terrible hard mini bulb to find at the auto parts store. :)

·
Registered
657 Posts
Hi Tony
That s a ba9s indeed. Since there s not a lot of space inside the fixture, i was worried that the led would not fit inside.
I want something bright and for that it needs a lot of leds.

Oem light bulb was 10w and when it burned, all i could find was the 4w at canayen tirelire or walcrap.
I ll buy a pair out of ebay (led) next fall.

HO MALA?
Acarta pà grota

1 - 10 of 10 Posts