Nissan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A coworker has a 02 sentra gxe. The other day she came out from work and it would not start. The lights would come on but when she turned the key there would be a click and then nothing. No lights, nothing. She tried to jump it and nothing. She asked me to look at it and after playing with the jumper cables and the batter I found that the neg cable was loose.
(she just had it at a shop and they cleaned the terminals. The clamp is tightened all the way and it still will not make a very tight connection unless you push the cable down on the terminal while twisting it. I believe when they cleaned the terminal they either made it a little smaller or screwed up the cable clamp)

Anyway, I pushed down on the clamp to make a tight connection and now it sounds like it is turning over like it should but it won't start. I've cked the fuses to see if one had blown while trying to jump it (she had small sparks one time due to the loose connection I believe) but I did not see any that had blown. I cked the ones under the hood too and they look ok, although it's always possible one of the bigger ones is toast and I just can't tell.

Also, when you put the key in the ignition and turn it to on you will hear a fast clicking sound for 2 seconds or so and the ck engine light will flash with the clicks. Then stop. The ck engine light stays on though. Could the ecu be fried? Any way to ck this?

·
Sup Mod keeping the peace
7,223 Posts
The ECU has probably posted a fault code. Perform an ECU code readout. If any code(s) are set, it'll help diagnose the problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts