Nissan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
taken off mini forum

Pulley, "one-ball" = 176 hp 154 tq

Pulley, "one-ball," K&N intake (hai setup straight to throttle body) = 187 hp and 158 tq.

Pulley, "one-ball" K&N intake(hai), and NOS over intercooler .....

That's right. 235.5 hp and 195.8 tq.

Go nitrous!!

Keep in mind, NONE of the NOS went into the Intake tract, so in essence all you are doing is super cooling the charge of air after it has been compressed, further compressing it.

NX will sell you a kit for 396$ with a 10 lb bottle and everything you need. NOS cost anywhere from 3.50$- 5$ a gallon. And as long as it is perportioned correctly with the fuel, will not harm the engine in anyway. After all, all it is is super cold oxygen.

Really, all you need is 1 solenoid, tubing and something to bend it (like pvc pipe), connectors, and steel braided line. (of course a bottle as well)

How do you gauge usage? Based on your jet (pill) size. A 100 shot for example uses .8 lbs of NOS per 10 seconds. So, in 12 seconds you expend about 1 lb of NOS ( a typical bottle is 10 lbs).

So this would be an excellent setup for short quick bursts, however for the race track, a BIG FMIC of W\A IC would be preferred.

But for quick\cheap fun on the street, I'm gonna go with some NOS.

Back to me

holy crap, this really makes me want to spray my ic

·
Registered
8 Posts
Heh, spray is $2-$4+ a pound, not gallon. And it would be much more beneficial IN the motor!! Small shot would get more gains and drop the intake temp. Say a 35 shot. Or can your motor not take the giggle gas!?!?!

·
DNE's VZR Conversion
6,079 Posts
probaly not right now.. for his injectors are maxed out.

·
Registered
8 Posts
That's why you'd do a wet shot.

·
Registered
8 Posts
If the nitrous is setup and tuned properly it won't wear on the engine. A small 35 wet shot would much more efficient cooling and much cheaper. Bottle would last a long time instead of pissing it into the air.

·
Registered
35 Posts
t56gen3 said:
If the nitrous is setup and tuned properly it won't wear on the engine. A small 35 wet shot would much more efficient cooling and much cheaper. Bottle would last a long time instead of pissing it into the air.
Yup,I totally agree with you on that one.

·
Registered
0 Posts
I say water spray your IC and then either N2O wet-shot or methanol-spray your intake.

·
Registered
377 Posts
He can't do anything without bigger injectors. Were at 85 percent duty cycle now. Anything past that is askin for trouble (hell we hit 94 percent at ennis). Doing anything to make more power isn't smart. Oh and the car is outta MAF to it hit 4.92 volts and the max is 5. This is only on 7-8 psi.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I understand he's at the limit of his injectors (not sure about Nissan but LS1 injectors will run 105% duty cycle all day long.) A wet shot jets fuel with nitrous through the nitrous nozzle, has nothing to do with injectors. My injectors run 80% duty cycle on motor and 75% on bottle (jetted a little safe on the fuel side.) Now the MAF concerns make sense since he's walkin the line of measurable flow. On the bottle it would be moving air a little faster and would likely push that limit.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Rathi134 said:
so basically a 200 shot is a no go?
Not unless you like having pistons fly out throught he hood.....could be entertaining though!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts