Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so im completly new to nissan my last car was a camaro and i jus picked up a 91 nissan 240sx and im looking for some engine mods where should i start what should i do i know this is prolly asked alot but i read through the first few pages and wasent seeing much so figured it hadent been asked recently any help is apperiated i knw nothing about imports lol

·
Locked and Loaded
1,227 Posts
slideways240sx said:
Ok so im completly new to nissan my last car was a camaro and i jus picked up a 91 nissan 240sx and im looking for some engine mods where should i start what should i do i know this is prolly asked alot but i read through the first few pages and wasent seeing much so figured it hadent been asked recently any help is apperiated i knw nothing about imports lol
first off, its on the first page, with many threads asking the same thing, secondly, your typing is atrocious, and you're a little late hopping on the band wagon arent you?

·
Registered
118 Posts
First thing you should do is get a cold air setup and clean out your throttle body.
Get a small brush and some carb cleaner and scrub around the butterfly. You'll be amazed how much difference that makes.
After that you may as well get exhaust. From there on though I would focus on suspension and stiffen it up some so it slides easier.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok well thanks for the nissan help and the grammer lesson

but not knowing anything about nissans i dont know anything about the k377628 or w/e engine swap or an intake for a kj2728k or whatever you call em so i was hoping someone could help me out with what mods i should do and where to find information

the car already has a full 2.5" exhaust with the cat removed so i think the intake and clean the tb will be next

·
Locked and Loaded
1,227 Posts
the intake wont do much, only make it louder, personally, i would leave the engine alone for now, unless you wanna do a UR underdrive system, and maybe headers, and as far as headers go, hotshot is the best, and most expensive, but definately clean the butterfly, i took come carb cleaner, and sprayed it on there, rubbed it off with my fingers, and it helps a lot, it helps it breathe easier, and the engine since its a 91 will be a KA24DE a dual overhead cam 2.4L inline 4.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
okt hanks that does help me quite a bit i would liek to set the car up for drift but im also looking for a little more pure speed im going to look into a header is there anyway to remove the govener i relized it tops at 120ish and i lost $25 casue it it today lol

·
Locked and Loaded
1,227 Posts
slideways240sx said:
okt hanks that does help me quite a bit i would liek to set the car up for drift but im also looking for a little more pure speed im going to look into a header is there anyway to remove the govener i relized it tops at 120ish and i lost $25 casue it it today lol
other than getting an ECU re tune, you can always take the tranny speed sensor out, but it will make your speedo not work, i wouldnt reccomend it, and i thought they topped out at around 109?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
could be the 17s might throw the spedo off but i buried the needle past 110 then it shut off but possibly the rims throwing it off would one of the $100 computers that you piggy back in help this or help anyhtign for the cost?

·
Locked and Loaded
1,227 Posts
slideways240sx said:
could be the 17s might throw the spedo off but i buried the needle past 110 then it shut off but possibly the rims throwing it off would one of the $100 computers that you piggy back in help this or help anyhtign for the cost?
i really dont know about piggy backs, i know on www.tamparacing.com the nissan section talks a lot about the piggy back systems, i love living in tampa :) the guy makes the system to your specs, cheaper than JWT, but i really have no experience with them

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok well so my list goes like this

Clean tb
Header
Air intake
Under drive pullys?
what about cams?
id liek to find a turbo but heard there not made for the 91 style 240s

and for suspension you want it stiff right?
so..
Replace ball joints + tie rods
some sort of springs + a drop
strut tower bar

ive been reading through things for about 3 days and this is the information ive come up with you been alot of help thanks,
Kevin

·
Registered
405 Posts
Cams can be found at pdm.com. The dohc KA is basicly the same from 91-98 there are turbo kits for it. I believe in the ******** fourms there is a whole section for KA turbos.

·
Registered
405 Posts
slideways240sx said:
ok cool thanks tons guys so a 95+ turbo would fit right up then correct? :cheers:
i am not sure about the specifics on it ******** has stuff on it

·
LUCKY SLIDES 2 2/25/06
504 Posts
KaRdoN said:
the intake wont do much, only make it louder, personally, i would leave the engine alone for now, unless you wanna do a UR underdrive system, and maybe headers, and as far as headers go, hotshot is the best, and most expensive, but definately clean the butterfly, i took come carb cleaner, and sprayed it on there, rubbed it off with my fingers, and it helps a lot, it helps it breathe easier, and the engine since its a 91 will be a KA24DE a dual overhead cam 2.4L inline 4.
this is correct but there are a few 91 240sx's with ka24e's in them because of an overstock by nissan(FRIGGIN RETARDS) just so you'll know

·
LUCKY SLIDES 2 2/25/06
504 Posts
KaRdoN said:
other than getting an ECU re tune, you can always take the tranny speed sensor out, but it will make your speedo not work, i wouldnt reccomend it, and i thought they topped out at around 109?
118 i do belive

·
Registered
58 Posts
sunnydet90 said:
118 i do belive
My 89 would cut out almost exactly at 115

·
KA24DET
1,000 Posts
All you have to do is cut the third tranny wire. Nissan makes shit like this easy. Governors fucking frighten me.

·
Registered
58 Posts
bridrive55 said:
All you have to do is cut the third tranny wire. Nissan makes shit like this easy. Governors fucking frighten me.
I don't like the governers either but im not sure cutting the trans. sensor wires will always work I have heard other people say disconnect those to get around the limiter but I also read on the 240sx.org forum that some guy tried that, took his car to the track and almost got creamed when the limiter "unexpectedly" cut in while he was in third. This seems terribly dangerous if you need to accelerate and your car dies. I also read that there is a wire to the computer you can cut. This wire supposedly runs between the speedo and the computer. It isn't supposed to affect the operation of the speedo. It's just supposed to be "telling" the computer how fast your going. I apologize for telling you this and not being able to tell you the color of the wire or anything more specific about how to do what I said, also I have never tried this myself I only read about it on another forum a LOOOOONG time ago so I can't even guarantee that all this is true. wow that was alot of typing :givebeer:

·
KA24DET
1,000 Posts
Nik33615 said:
I don't like the governers either but im not sure cutting the trans. sensor wires will always work I have heard other people say disconnect those to get around the limiter but I also read on the 240sx.org forum that some guy tried that, took his car to the track and almost got creamed when the limiter "unexpectedly" cut in while he was in third. This seems terribly dangerous if you need to accelerate and your car dies. I also read that there is a wire to the computer you can cut. This wire supposedly runs between the speedo and the computer. It isn't supposed to affect the operation of the speedo. It's just supposed to be "telling" the computer how fast your going. I apologize for telling you this and not being able to tell you the color of the wire or anything more specific about how to do what I said, also I have never tried this myself I only read about it on another forum a LOOOOONG time ago so I can't even guarantee that all this is true. wow that was alot of typing :givebeer:
Yeah, that's what the third wire is. It goes from the speedo to the ECU. I wouldn't cut the transmission sensor wires themselves... I think www.srswap.com has details about it in their wiring guide. I know I saw it somewhere...

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
once again guys thanks for all the info im soakin it up like a sponge keep i coming hahaha does anyone know the weight of one of these cars offhand? it would help a little of my bench racing

1 - 20 of 29 Posts