Nissan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok another couple of questions for you all.

1. What flange does the TT manifold have? will a mitsu 16g turbo bolt up? or does it require a different manifold?
2. What is the better Intercooler option? (I.E. FMIC, SMIC's, etc)
3. for anyone running twin 16g's at around 20 psi, what size injectors are you running(550's?), any need to upgrade the pump or can it supply enough fuel?

Thanks.

·
Banned
3,785 Posts
As far as I know, the stock pump should be able to hold around 600 Hp.

And I beleive 16Gs bolt up , but don't quote me on that. Put "16G" in the search engine and see what you come up with.....

·
Registered
15 Posts
street

its gonna depend on what aplication your looking to achieve. im not to familar with the mitsu turbos. but let me answer your question with a question. why make life hard on yourself there are lots of great turbos out there for the z32 that dont require lots of fab work with there manifolds. such as jwt sport 500's, BB sport 530's and the big daddys sport 700's(GT28RS). your fuel pump should be fine but its really gonna depend on how wild you get. i would decide on my injector size once i decided on how many ponies i wanted to achieve.

as far as your intercooler question goes. there are two main types. one is the standard bar and plate type. this is the usual one u see online for the z. dont be fooled by those expensive intercoolers out there. your paying for there name nothing else. you usually see them mounted in front because they need that forced air going across them. (but you can buy side mount also) a good intercooler shop will match your turbos with the right intercooler. most retail stores dont know crap about this, they will just say oh well appollo is the best and the biggest.

next type is liquid type. these are used in more of a grad style setup where you need extremely cold temps. this is not recommended for the street setup it would be way overkill not to mention expensive.

gl

Irei

·
Registered
15 Posts
yeah i hear ya those little things can get pricey fast. i think specialtyz is selling the jwt sport 500's for under 2,000 not sure what your budget is. i think those are rated at around 400-450.

Irei

·
ZPOOLNZ
1,609 Posts
IreiMember said:
they will just say oh well appollo is the best and the biggest.
Not true so far the side mounts seem to handle power better. Greddys did the best on a dyno test. But it all depends on how much air your pushing through them. Higher boost levels an apollo will probably be better, but it isn't the best.

Air to Water can be used on the street; they are not some track only intercooler set-up.

The stock fuel pump is more then enough.

http://www.amzperformance.com/z32/?page=shop/browse&category_id=e9f4f8a1337382ba8ff8de67a410634f&

Here is a site that will give you an idea on turbochargers. Also look on JWTs site.

·
Registered
15 Posts
wow hahahah yeah greddy does make some nice side mounts but i would love to see that data. as far as it being the best in a dyno run.... yeah in what app? with what turbo setup? and what did the greddy compete against?

and yeah air to water can be used in street. does it warrant the price? umm no..

Irei

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok, im looking for 450-500 horses from this car, i can get 2 16g turbos (TD05's) for 1,000 dollars brand new so that is why im looking at going with those, on top of they are a really strong turbo, and i run one on my DSM.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts