Nissan Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have done a search FIRST for all the wise asses, so please hear me out.

The question is on the stock offset. From all the searches I have done, it seems that it is +40mm right? Now the second part of the question, is it the same offset for all the b14/Sentra rims 14" and 15"?

My wife's 95 GLE has aluminum 14"ers and a buddy gave me a set of 15's he said came off a sentra also. Im "assuming" its +40mm also but you know what they say about assuming.......

Thanks,

-Verno

·
Surf
807 Posts
yea all b14's have the same offset. Also, if he gave you the rims, why didn't you just try to put them on to see if they fit? The 15's are probably from a SE-R

·
bitter old man
1,456 Posts
Just measure the offset yourself. It's simply the distance of the mounting face from the centerline of the wheel.

·
Mofo
2,225 Posts
Go out to your car. Open up your glovebox. Take out your owners manual, and read inside. It has the offset in there. The 14's and 15's are bolth 40 mm, but the 13's are 35mm.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies........

if he gave you the rims, why didn't you just try to put them on to see if they fit? The 15's are probably from a SE-R
-I haven't had the opportunity to go to his house to grab the rims yet, im getting them this weekend.....SE-Rrims huh? These rims sound better and better:) .

Just measure the offset yourself. It's simply the distance of the mounting face from the centerline of the wheel.
-Can you eye ball the exact center of the rim? I can't. So how could I be sure I would have got it correct? BTW what is the rim width for the aluminum 14" GLE rims anyway?

Go out to your car. Open up your glovebox. Take out your owners manual, and read inside. It has the offset in there.
-I bought my wife the GLE pre-owned, so no owners manual unfortunately:( .

The offset will be listed (cast) into the back of the wheel. It should be expressed in ET. FOr example the back of the wheel should have the numbers 40ET somewhere. This is the offset in millimeters.
-Thanks for the tip! The offset was cast into my OEM Impreza wheels. I didn't even think of looking at the back of the GLE wheels! DOH!!!

·
bitter old man
1,456 Posts
I wrote: Measure the offset...

verno-dub wrote: Can you eye ball the exact center of the rim? I can't.

Well, gee, you're not supposed to eye-ball. I said measure. It's really simple. Shall I lay out the procedure for you?

·
Registered
500 Posts
1 in = 25.4 cm

·
bitter old man
1,456 Posts
1 inch = 2.54 cm, or 25.4 mm

·
Registered
500 Posts
Yeah that's what I meant. I got my conversions mixed up.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
bahearn said:
I wrote: Measure the offset...

verno-dub wrote: Can you eye ball the exact center of the rim? I can't.

Well, gee, you're not supposed to eye-ball. I said measure. It's really simple. Shall I lay out the procedure for you?/B]/QUOTE]

Yes please could you. With pictures if possible.:rolleyes: . Jesus. Where do I put my "metric ruler" to find the exact centerline of my wheel with tire mounted so I can measure the offset.

So with that said, describe to me how to measure the offset on the 14" rims with tire mounted with only a "metric ruler". How would I know the centerline of the rim when I don't know what the width of the stock rim is? I know how to do it with the tire unmounted and with a straight edge, but not with just a "metric ruler". Descirbe to me, show me, tell me, just don't be a d!ck about it.

Sorry if im stepping on any toes, but I asked for help not attitude. Im not driving a Honda, so should not be treated like one. I just asked a question, jesus......

Oh and I do know what 25.4mm is....it has it on my "metric ruler" too.:rolleyes:

·
Banned
93 Posts
rofl i think he wins for resurecting the oldest thread ever

1 - 17 of 17 Posts