Nissan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was recently given a 94 altima GLE to help with a move up to washington and it served its purpose in getting me there so now i have a baja that i built from the ground up that i would like to use as my daily and i was considering a few options with the altima. i was considering selling it because im not all that keen on the car and i could use the money. but i did a little bit of research on parts and i was thinking about gutting the car and installing some aftermarket struts, rebuilding the suspension with some nice red thane and getting a set of rims and tires from one of those magazine combo ads, and just hammering on this thing and improve my driving skills. maybe find a local track and run it during the "run what you brung" days.

its got 206,000 on the odometer and it has kind of an unsettling growl and vibration at idle but smooths out perfectly at about a grand and still runs fairly strong. but im figuring it could let go any time so my first question is
are there any places where i can just get a stock crate engine for cheap? besides local junk yards is there some kind of JDM option of some kind for the 2.4?

and two the transmission is in great shape but its an automatic, i would much rather have a stick, i know you can get manual transmissions for older hondas for pocket lint are these the same way? if so any one have a phone number or a link?

also does anyone have any links to some places that carry aftermarket parts for this car? ive done some searches but its always nice to start with a few that you can follow links from to other good sites.

thanks for any answer's i get,

·
Registered
248 Posts
If you know or find the right shop you can get a JDM Black top SR20DET or a red top for a grand with ECU, and almost two grand installed. As far as a stickshift, its gonna be pricy, but you can do with a 240SX tranny. BTW, EIback has coils for 200 bucks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts