Nissan Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· absolutely classic
651 Posts
havok2003 said:
It ius at a drag at SIR in Tucson, AZ. I was just wondering. Thank you.
You better beat that Hyundai, or you will be banned from this forum! J/K
I would imagine that our cars (the non-ser) have better torque and HP, but I don't know the figures for the Hyundai. All I know is that Hyundai's are slow... I mean really, really slow. It's a newer one, so it may be faster, but I doubt it. Like people said before me, it depends on the driver.

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Actually my friends Hyundai has actually beaten some CRX's, 01-04 Civic's (Non-Si), Neon's (First Gen), and 95+ Cavaliers (Base). And all he has is a drop-in K&N, and muffler.

I myself am trying to get an SER, because I know that he can't beat those. I woork at a Nissan dealership here in southern AZ. Or a 300ZX.

· Come here often?
1,081 Posts
Uh... autos.msn.com states taht the 1.5L motor in his hyundai makes 92hp and 97 ft-lbs peak... And those are crank numbers... Granted it's pretty light (2255 lbs) but you could still probably beat it on a bicycle... Plus it's a hyundai so it might break halfway down the track, in which case a toddler on a big-wheel could beat it...

· Banned
6,855 Posts
havok2003 said:
I myself am trying to get an SER, because I know that he can't beat those. I woork at a Nissan dealership here in southern AZ. Or a 300ZX.
your choices are an se-r or a 300zx!!!! :waving: a 300zx tt is my wet dream.

but the 1.6L is never fast......with all the bolt ons its peppy but not fast, unless you get the turbo ($5k? ill take an se-r thank you) while you will end up spending more on the sr....thats just because it has more pontential, the ga power cut off right now is around 233hp with turbo. but you can get more with expencive moter work, the sr with turbo can make that no sweat. and then you will spend extra on milking even more out of it

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.