Nissan Forum banner

61 - 67 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
CLOP-CLOP NOISE from FRONT SUSPENSION

Hi QUAD.,

I hope all is well with you and yours. I've finally traced and temporarily solved that strange clop-clop noise from the front suspension on e.g. cobblestones. Worn anti-roll / sway bar bushes. All other suspension parts, both front and rear, were perfect despite the 82,000 km. The bar could slide sideways instead of being laterally fixed. It should only be allowed to twist, right? The only Nissan dealer in Rio with new ones wanted to charge me the equivalent of US$ 240 for the pair !!! The mechanic wedged in a piece of hose, which temporarily fixed the problem. I decided to order parts from abroad. I tried that firm you recommended - Rockauto (?), but no joy. I 've ended up ordering via EBAY UK. Price with postage: equivalent of US$ 18. MASSIVE SAVING even with punitive import tax. I'm still really enjoying this car. What a pity Nissan in Brazil has discontinued its sales.
All the Best, BRIAN

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi guys, I have a question regarding ventilation (noise): My T31 from 2014 2l dci runs the ventilation under the hood all the time when engine is running (this is supposed to work only when Ac is on or when water is overheated, as far as I know).
Thanks,
Robert

·
Registered
322 Posts
Soooo.... Took LSB 2.0 (Little Silver Bus) out today on gravel for the first time. Now I had noticed a faint rattle inside the driver side door when I first got it and it seemed to go away after awhile. This rattle got annoyingly loud and did not go away, unless I rolled the window down about half way. It seems that a similar sound is coming form the passenger side although Hubby, being rather deaf, did not notice anything. The glass in my door seems rigid; it seems like it is coming from inside the door frame? Any ideas at all? It does go back down to a very faint level once hitting pavement again.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Soooo.... Took LSB 2.0 (Little Silver Bus) out today on gravel for the first time. Now I had noticed a faint rattle inside the driver side door when I first got it and it seemed to go away after awhile. This rattle got annoyingly loud and did not go away, unless I rolled the window down about half way. It seems that a similar sound is coming form the passenger side although Hubby, being rather deaf, did not notice anything. The glass in my door seems rigid; it seems like it is coming from inside the door frame? Any ideas at all? It does go back down to a very faint level once hitting pavement again.
You may have to remove your door panel for a further , more intense inspection. Sometimes things get vibrated loose such as window motor/regulator mounting brackets and bolts/screws need to just simply be re-tightened . Or the door handle and lock mechanisms are having issues that can only be looked at and repaired once the door panel is removed. Or maybe it is just a simple thing such as a loose speaker screws. Actually , my bad. BEFORE you ( or a technician) remove any door panels, go over the door panel first and look for anything that may have come loose ( arm rest? you got junk in the map pockets rattling around? ) ....open the door (s) and give it a few fast shakes with the glass fully up/fully down/ half way up, without latching it shut and just carefully listen for any odd sounds just from shaking or swinging the door rapidly.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Thanks, Tony...I'll try the door shaking thing when it stops raining! Nothing in my map pockets and arm rest feels fine.
Update: Shook the door but couldn't hear anything rattle inside...

61 - 67 of 67 Posts