Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I did my tranny swap, we installed a new throwout bearing OEM nissan. I bearly have any miles on it, but there is a clatter noise when the car is idling in neutral with the clutch pedal out. When you put the pedal to the floor its fine, no noise. It has no drivebility issues. Could this noise be a throwout bearing issue? Could this be normal? I have a JWT clutch and Alluminum fidanza flywheel. maybe its all the combo that makes some noise.

Chris 92 classic

·
Registered
18 Posts
it's the flywheel

When I put on my finandzzza-goo-ba-lee-gook flywheel I noticed in the directions it mentions you may hear more sounds comming from the tranny at idle in neutral(of course). They say it has no negative effects on your transmission a sound thats usually there just becomes louder. I think they give a specific reason but I don't have the instructions near by. If you call their customer service, whom are very helpful, I'm sure they can explain it better.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
See, I never had the OEM flywheel in because I had an Auto in there before, so I cannot theorize other than when you let out the clutch at idle, you will hear this almost rattling sound. Put in the clutch and no noise. Does yours make any rattling sort of sound?

Chris

·
Registered
18 Posts
At idle, in neutral, and with the clutch engaged (foot not pressing pedal) you will hear a sound that sounds like a rock tumbler with metal inside of it. When you disengage the clutch (pushing the pedal down) the flywheel's power is not transfered to the transmission. According Fidanza's website it's the idler gears in the transmission and it's not supposed to hurt anything. http://fidanza.com/downloads/04 Catalog.pdf from there you can look at the flywheel instructions. The information is in red, under WARNING.

-Philippe

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats IT!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank God that you know that sound also. I am glad its just that then. I did not want to perform surgery to my tranny. It was not easy doing that job.

Thanks Again

Chris

1 - 5 of 5 Posts