Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, let me try to explain this. 96 200sx Se-r (92,000 miles)

This noise is usually heard when taking off while in first gear. It seems as if it might be coming from the mid or rear of the car. I can best describe it as a knocking or a pinging, or a mixture of the two. Everything is stock in the car as far as I know. I've just started noticing it the past month or so. The car is in overall good shape and I just had it inspected recently. I had new tires put on and it completely realigned. It probably started 3 months after this and I don't think it has anything to do with the problem. s

Any ideas???

·
nissan??? whats that
280 Posts
it could be the timing chain if it has not been changed, other problems could be a shot suspension, warped drums or rotors, wheel berrings, tire rods, ball joints..etc
the car might have detonation occuring i would also check the ignition timing

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
slow200 said:
it could be the timing chain if it has not been changed, other problems could be a shot suspension, warped drums or rotors, wheel berrings, tire rods, ball joints..etc
the car might have detonation occuring i would also check the ignition timing
ouch, all of that sounds really bad.....

·
Mofo
2,225 Posts
Before any of that do that. Jack up the car remove the rear wheels. Then remove the rear brake drums. Get yourself a can of brakekleen, and spray the drums, and the springs and brake hardware.
Usually a clunking/ knocking from the raer means you have brake dust built up in the drums cause the pads and hardware to clunk.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts