Nissan Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
if it makes a hard metalic sound i doubt its the tranny. did you have a full exhaust put on? header, new piping, muffler? i would bet my life savings that it is a the exhaust hitting something. or a heat sheild.

·
Registered
106 Posts
sentra 98 said:
i dont have a catback system and no heat shield.
so you didnt have a new exhaust put on? just a muffler? .........where is the sound coming from? it could just be a crappy muffler. i have heard many a buzzy/tinny muffler on a stock sized exhaust pipe.

get your car on a lift and trace the exhaust pipe from the header all the way back to the muffler and look for contact on anything.

side note; what type of header and muffler do you have? a high flow header and "performance" muffler on stock pipe will not do you any good other than make your car sound like a pissed off penny racer on crack. i would get 2 inch pipe with the longest res you could find put on and see if that dosent solve anything.

FYI, the tranny would make more of a "clunk" than a hard metalic "clank/ting" because it is muffled by the tranny fluid. <im not sure if that is 100% true, but thats what i would think )

·
Registered
106 Posts
not 10 out of just the 2inch, with the header possibly.

please go to this site www.sentra.net many of your questions will be answerd there, it is the "text book" for sentra owners. :thumbup:

·
Registered
106 Posts
do you have a standard? if you shift and its to low you wont have enough power and it will want to stall. but i still dont think the noise is from the tranny, i had clunking noises and it was the axels.

sidenote: its "header" there is only one ;) if you had a V-6 or V-8 you would have 2.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.