Nissan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone has any solutions to the noises made by the S/T front sway bars?? Even if you dont have any solutions, i was wondering if you can explain to me why they are making noises or is it just my car?? NOw the bar dont make noises all the time but instead it only makes a grinding noise everytime i hit the brakes, its not that bad if i grease the bushings but that only last so long. Any input will be appreciated. THanks

Jay

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
DOes the noise only occur when you hit the brakes, do you know why this happens???thanks

·
in^3,N20,RPM,PSI
4,652 Posts
no you should hear noise when you turn a corner w/ uneven pavement also, anytime the sway bar is in full motion... you should check your brakes. the sound from the sway bar is because the bushings are dry and the sway bar does not move easily through them so it catches and vibrates... noise.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I hear minimal noise when im on uneven pavement and turns but the noise is more noticable when i hit the brakes and sometimes when im reversing. The noise is very distinguish and its not a sound that brakes would make so i dont think there's anything wrong with my brakes. Hey James thanks for the inputs, what else have you done to your suspension?? Im currently running Agx's with GCs, motivational rear mounts and koni bumpstops, rear STB from motivational and no front bar cuz i cant find one that fits a 99 and finally S/T F&R sway bars. I was thinkin about replacing the front struts with motivational once this summer, what do you think about front motiv. struts and rear AGXs?

·
in^3,N20,RPM,PSI
4,652 Posts
I haven't gotten as far as you on the suspension, got the agx's on prokits with st sway bars f/b and stb's f/b. i need an alignment bad... i think Movtivational has some good quality stuff but I couldn't give you any real experience with it, a lot of ppl have more experience than me with suspension so you might do a search and see because I remember a lot of threads about this stuff.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts