Nissan Forum banner

noise from front right strut mount

9K views 21 replies 13 participants last post by  onecloudyday 
G
#1 ·
When i turn there is a bad noise from the front right wheel. Has anybody else had this problem?

1997 Nissan Sentra GXE

#11 ·
yeah, I get alot of noise on the rear mounts (not sure which one). Sometimes when I make a turn or go over a speed bump, it sounds like there's something clunking around in my trunk. I have nothing in the trunk and it seems to be coming either from the mounts or the shocks. Man, I can't wait to get some motivational mounts and KYBs.

(250 more dollars) :mad:

#12 ·
1997 GA16DE said:
yeah, I get alot of noise on the rear mounts (not sure which one). Sometimes when I make a turn or go over a speed bump, it sounds like there's something clunking around in my trunk. I have nothing in the trunk and it seems to be coming either from the mounts or the shocks. Man, I can't wait to get some motivational mounts and KYBs.

(250 more dollars) :mad:
had that same problem, for now try tightening up your rear struts as much as possible, that solved the problem for me.

#15 ·
me too!

I hav/had the same noise. It only did it after sitting for a long time, appeared to come from the passenger side area, and now that my car is back to stock height i think the noise is gone (even though winter has appeared-its usually worse in the cold) I think it has to do with the angle of the CV joints when it was lowered. how many of you with the noise are lowered??

#16 ·
Re: me too!

jlpearl said:
I hav/had the same noise. It only did it after sitting for a long time, appeared to come from the passenger side area, and now that my car is back to stock height i think the noise is gone (even though winter has appeared-its usually worse in the cold) I think it has to do with the angle of the CV joints when it was lowered. how many of you with the noise are lowered??
If you're talking about the creaking noise, I have that in my stock rideheight 95 sentra whenever it gets cold (like now)

#17 ·
I HAVE HAD MY CAR LOWERED FOR ABOUT 6 MONTHS ALREADY AND ABOUT 2 WEEKS AGO IT STARTED DOING THE NOISE, ITS ONLY IN THE FRONT AND ITS MOSTLY ON THE PASSENGER SIDE, DO U THINK THE SHOCKS MIGHT BE BLOWN?OR WOULD I HEAR OR FEEL A DIFFERENCE WHEN THE SHOCKS ARE BLOWN?

#18 ·
I have the same problem in my 97, it's stock height, springs and shocks and just recently started. I've had both the right and left front do it and when I jack up one side of the car the rear also creaks a little when the weight is lifted off of the suspension. Not sure yet what's causing it, at first I thought it was one of my struts before I was able to localize it to three different places, now I'm wondering if it's the springs but since you guys all seem to have the same problem I'm beginning to wonder if it's possibly the bushings or something...ugh, you guys made it more complicated now :cool:

im2kwik4u, please lay off the caps...my eyes hurt now, lol :p

G
#21 ·
mines is lowered and with 4 people in the car there is no noise
If it is just me I can hear a rattle when a lot of weight is taken off the front driverside like drivin over a hill with a turn or drivin too fast on a bumpy road
cold weather don't help either

#22 ·
noises

i had alot of hte same noises you guys are talking about but just yesterday i took care of the popping in the front end by replacing the strut mounts and bearings and now she turns and drives like a beauty. i had the creaking noise from the rear end when i got out and what i caem up with was the brakes in the rear rub against the backplate where there is a piont they hit on there and i lubed them a bit and noise was gone , hope it helps.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.